• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeder or not

happy days

Has anyone else turned into a feeder since wls. Iam sure i try to over compensate that fact iam not having much so need to feed everyone else.

Yes and I have no idea why. I find myself wanting to cook and am not happy until I know everyone has enjoyed their meal

Yes and I have no idea why. I find myself wanting to cook and am not happy until I know everyone has enjoyed their meal

Yeah I put far too much on the plate then try and stuff a dessert down them.
I didn't even have desserts pre op so I don't know why I expect them to eat them now.

Omg me too. I pile up the plates and I want them to finish it when there is not a chance they can(the kids) My cousin's and sister came to visit at Easter and all three complained about me being a feeder,two of them gained 5lbs each. Its terrible but I really cannot help it :S

I have become obsessed with cooking for everyone and I am over shopping and over feeding. I do major Sunday lunches with deserts and we didn't used to have them. I think part of over feeding people I love is to makes sure they have not been impacted negatively by my surgery and my decision. I also quizz them like hell on taste etc and now even ask for a mark out of ten. I need to get a life!!

I also quizz them like hell on taste etc and now even ask for a mark out of ten. I need to get a life!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha I'm the same, I'm constantly asking the OH if he likes what I've cooked!

Is anyone else really funny about other people cooking for them? I really don't like anyone cooking for me anymore... Think I've developed food OCD... lol :)

Hubby cooks these days for him & the kids occasionally I'll join them & eat the same but more often or not I have something simple, low fat & high protein without limiting their diets to the same as mine. Plus I have no real interest in food need to address this but at least I'm managing to eat most of what I cook, zap or put together, just eat because its a meal time rather than for pleasure. Lol

I think for me part of it is the fact that occasionally I resent my restriction. And by making sure someone else eats it it soothes my poor inner child lol. Some sort of vicarious enjoyment!

Hubby cooks these days for him & the kids occasionally I'll join them & eat the same but more often or not I have something simple, low fat & high protein without limiting their diets to the same as mine. Plus I have no real interest in food need to address this but at least I'm managing to eat most of what I cook, zap or put together, just eat because its a meal time rather than for pleasure. Lol

Same here Pen. If it was left to me every meal would be Total yoghurt, blueberries, raspberries and a handful of high fibre breakfast cereal lol !

HD- so this is your dirty little secret lol !!

This is so strange. I keep baking sponge cakes, safe in the knowledge that I can't eat sponge cake without it getting stick and hurting like hell. Last week I baked a large chocolate sponge cake and made my sons girlfriend take it home with them. Thought I was the only one to become a feeder!!

This is so strange. I keep baking sponge cakes, safe in the knowledge that I can't eat sponge cake without it getting stick and hurting like hell. Last week I baked a large chocolate sponge cake and made my sons girlfriend take it home with them. Thought I was the only one to become a feeder!!

I also have a baking fetish! And didn't bake before. It must show we still need that bond with good, even if we can't eat as much as before!

Yep I often do a batch of 24 cupcakes for work, done lemon sherbet for a birthday today....didn't bake at all before op....also cook for friends far more regularly than I did!
At work they do actually call me a feeder n complain half heartedly I'm a size 8 n they are expanding :)

I think because food brought comfort and because that is taken away we need to compensate that with something or someone else??? maybe ???

Back