• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feel guilty..

tracyt84

am i the only one but i feel guilty after ive ate??? i had my first packet of crisps today (wotsits) 95cals per bag and i feel awful,i track all my foods with my fitnesspal and im always under my daily calories but why do i feel so guilty?? pre band i wouldve ate 5 bags in one go but i defo have some self control now with food

Just plan that packet into your overall consumption. This journey is about achieving a healthy balance for a lifetime ... One bag of crisps is not the end of the world ... The guilt you say you feel, can lead to worse things .... Plan ... So you can enjoy in future :D

Just going to agree with the above. I've only had one treat since my surgery but it left me with guilt and I had to get a hold of myself and think that 125 calories on a day I had 550! are just that, a part of what I ate that day. Sure we want to eat highly nutritious food most of the time but their will be times we have something that is not as nutritious as the rest, that is normal, that is life. As long as we plan for it, and stay in control of it there is no need for guilt. Guilt is a big culprit of our past ways, the guilt would make us feel unworthy and then we would give up. Once we give up it's an excuse to eat crap. So don't feel guilty, just include it in your day and carry on as you are because you are doing really well and eating one bag of crisps won't ruin that :) xx

Just plan that packet into your overall consumption. This journey is about achieving a healthy balance for a lifetime ... One bag of crisps is not the end of the world ... The guilt you say you feel, can lead to worse things .... Plan ... So you can enjoy in future :D

What Flutterby said ;-)

But I can add to that with some words of wisdom from the bariatric dietician at the Whittington Hospital who I saw a few days ago (Thursday last week) for my 4 month review. When I confessed my "sins" to her including a few packets of wotsits she was not concerned about that at all. Her response was:

We want you to be able to lead a normal life and a normal life includes the occasional treat. As long as it was within the capacity of your sleeve and your calorie guide, and you still did get your protein quota that day, there is not a problem.

I used too get like that but I think it puts you in the wrong frame of mind and your more likely to go wrong ,don't make food your enemy it's just food , move on put it in your fitness pal and put it too bed otherwise you ll be beating yourself up over it xxxx

Snack I agree. That's how I have changed. Food and calories are now energy. We need energy. Just better to choose the more healthy options the majority of the time :D

I started to feel exactly like this. I went off track for a little while because of it and in the end I felt I needed a plan that I was comfortable with so I have gone back to the ww points system. Although its not the way for everyone, I feel more in control now and can allow these treats without feeling guilty.

Back