• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feel sick

mandyl

ooh yuk dont think i feel that well.
i had a tiny bit of tuna as was getting bored of mash and soup. had about a fork full in total with a tiny bit of light mayonaise. not come up yet but feel sick and uncomfortable.
have i done the wrong thing? tuna or the mayonaiss or both? anyone have any ideas?
thanks xx

ive had tuna and mayo and was ok. im only 3 weeks post op but everyone is diff eh? maybe next time have half a fork? maybe ur pouch is smaller than mine x

thanks hun. prob just not used to it spose to stick to sloppy really. silly me lol.xx

Tuna can be a bit 'paste-like' for early days post op, try it with low-fat plain yogurt and make it really sloppy, it should go down fine then. Sometimes thick textured food needs to be made very runny when your pouch is new. Also stress & worry will make your pouch feel tighter than normal so perhaps you should stick to your 'boring' foods that you know will go down well. Hope you feel better.:D

Nic;)

thanks phatgirl
think you hit the nail on the head.xxx

Yep maybe it is a bit too thick right now. Also, did you have it cold? Sometimes, quite often actually, cold food hurts my pouch and makes me feel sick for a while and I have read on here that quite a few people are the same, leading to a good number of us actually warming up foods that you wouldnt normally warm up, but that extra warmth might just take the icky out of it, that and making it extra sloppy.
I hope that you feel ok really soon and can sort something out. Dont worry though honey, it DOES get better.
Steph xx

Although i am still pre op i would guess from doing some research that its all trial and error, some foods agree with some and the same food can cause major probs and dumping for others.
Am sure as u try diff foods along ur journey Mandy u will find some agree with u and some are def a no no, maybe write down the foods that cause u to feel sick so in the future u dont make the mistake of eating them again x

i write everything down mandy and find it a big help. :D thats a good idea roch xx

Hi Mandy,

I agree with what has already been said. Rosh is right food is trial and error. I can't eat sliced meat only minced or blended, it just won't go down no matter how much I chew and I end up bring it back up. I can only eat pitta bread toasted.

Some days I feel sick after drinking water so I put sugar free Vimto in it and that helps.

Pinkyx

Hi Mandy,

Some days I feel sick after drinking water so I put sugar free Vimto in it and that helps.

Pinkyx

So do I !! I found this really weird - that I should feel icky after drinking water. Sugar free vimto is a great idea :)

Back