• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help! Bypass issue

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Help, i think I have a blockage :(

I had my dinner around 6pm, and only managed about 1/3 of a small tuna steak (cooked in a qbag so very moist, no added fat) before I felt very full very suddenly. Not normal for me. Its normally a nearly full but still comfortable feeling. I stopped eating straight away, but then started feeling bad. Very uncomfortable in my pouch, but not like when you eat too fast. Lasted about 10-15 minutes.

About an hour later I had a tiny bit of hubbys pudding, and immediately the uncomfortable feeling came back. I felt nauseous, and burped a couple of times.

Another hour later, and I tried a sip of water, and straight away the uncomfy feeling came back again. My mouth started watering loads, and I was a little bit sick, but just liquids. Burped a fair bit, but passed again after about 10-15 minutes.

The only thing I can think of is that some of my dinner is blocked, but I've not felt like this before so unsure. especially as 3 hours after my dinner I can't even manage a sip of water! :cry:

Shel it does sound like your dinner is stuck. i get this if i eat tuna, meat or pasta. the best thing to do is to lie down and it should move down. i often can't eat for several hours after as it seems to feel jammed. go and have a lie down mate and it should pass x

i got that after fish and meat and it lasted all day, mash it up a bit and take it easy its early days yet.

Thanks :( Scared to drink anything now in case it happens again. I've had tuna steak before no problem, in fact nothing i've tried has caused any problems, which is probably why it's scared me so much. Got complacent!

Going to go to bed and try and sleep it off.

hope your feeling better now hun, bet it near scared you to death....it goes to show we can take nothing for granted...xx

...The only thing I can think of is that some of my dinner is blocked, but I've not felt like this before so unsure. especially as 3 hours after my dinner I can't even manage a sip of water! :cry:

I've had this a couple of times, it IS a horrible feeling! It puts me off eating the next day too 'just in case'.

Like my new pic profile pic says "This too shall pass"!! ;) (It's all I seem to say lately when I hear "part of the journey" blah blah!!) :sigh:

Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks. i didn't have anything else to drink last night, just went to bed and went to sleep. Sipped a bit of squash this morning and it went down fine so tried breakfast, and all seems better now.

This kind of thing shows why mini's is so important, last night i was scared to death to do anything as I didn't have a clue what was going on! If it weren't for you lot I'd of ended up at my local walk in centre or something!

So all in all, it was not a nice feeling, but no way near as bad as the trapped wind from eating too fast.

Glad you're feeling ok now...:)

I know I'm no expert but maybe next time try and drink a warm or hottish drink ?? It might disolve it a little for it to move...sounds daft I know but its like if you have bread stuck in your throat, well not quite but you know what i mean hopefully lol

Ok Im leaving ...i will close the door on my way out lol

Glad to hear that you are feeling better this morning. There are some days when I can eat something, but when I try and eat it again, I get the "stuck" feeling and its horrible!!
I've had a band rather than the by-pass, but its exactly the same feeling. I noticed that someone mentions drinking to help soften it....I dont know how that would work for a person with a by-pass, but for a bander, it would make you throw the water back up along with some of the food!

Anyway, its all trial and error isnt it?!! I am glad you're ok though.

Kerry-Ann
x

Good to hear you're ok now, Shel...

I've had this a couple of times... actually, I had it yesterday afternoon after I had some Quorn!!! :rolleyes:

However, it didn't stay down... :eek:

If you are ever concerned or worried, just text me... I may not always be able to help, but hey ho... no harm in trying, eh?! :D

x

Glad to hear you're OK now. I'm sure I'll have all this to look forward to. Dreading it as I HATE being sick.

Don't shoot me down in flames because it is only an idea but would several firm slaps on the back help? Might dislodge the blockage?

Hahaha... sorry, P, but that mental image has made me laugh :giggle:

x

Thanks for all the suggestions, Elffie I'll give that one a try if it happens again!

There will be no back slapping though lol, I have fibromyalgia! :eek:

i did get hubby to burp me like a baby incase there was any wind in there too, but he moaned after about 10 seconds that his arm was getting sore :rolleyes:

Just had a bit of a somerfields healthy choice tuna and sweetcorn sandwich (bogging) for my lunch, as I have a 12noon meeting, and that's gone down ok, so hopefully it was just a one off.

Hello hun, its orrible when it gets stuck, I burp like a trooper and drool like Dicky does over the women on this site when it happens :D

My lovely nurse wendy (mentioned by lots of other ladies on here!) recomends sipping a fizzy drink, the bubbles help the blockage to shift, then it either comes up :eek: or goes down.

Back