• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can I have sloppy tuna mayo at puree stage?

kurvykaren

Hi guys

I'm so looking forward to starting the puree stage tomorrow! so fed up of soup, low fat custard and yoghurt!

Can I have tuna mayo with a bit of mash at this stage? The tuna will be really sloppy and made with tesco extra light mayo, just thinking how much I loved tuna mayo with sweetcord on a jacket and I know I can't have sweetcorn but thought the tuna with mash may be a nice bit of slop to start with lol!

Hey - congrats on getting through your liquid stage - it only gets better from now :)

I tried tuna as one of my first soft stage foods and it made me really ill - it is quite a meaty fish and although I chewed and chewed and chewed it still got stuck and hurt - everyone is different though but I would approach with caution xx

Thanks Katyloo - hadn't thought of it as a meaty fish!

Perhaps I'll leave it a few weeks before I get too adventurous!

x

Hi I bet you are glad you can start tasting food again, I had sloppy tuna and I was fine with it, it's all trial and error x

nearly 6 weeks out and have tried some tuna and sweetcorn twice now. Both times I have barely managed more than two teaspoons of it and both times it has left me feeling very full and pain in the chest. It's very meaty.

it was ages before i could have tuna xxx

I'm 5 weeks post op, I've had sloppy tuna a couple of times and I've been fine, Karen x

im 3 weeks post op and love sloppy tun! i have it nearly every day and it has been alife saver ! sick of soup!

i sometime have it with sloppy mashed tatty x

I buy it from asda tuna and sweetcorn sandwich filler (low fat one) then put it in the blender.
Manage about 2 table spoons take about 30 mins to eat but it's soooo yummy compared to soup and yogurts x had it with mashed tatty this week again mmmn mmn lol

I'm going to try and make my own this week. X

I'd try cheesy mash first and if you're able to cope with that, then try adding a bit of tuna. I had trouble with any fish on the sloppy stage but it's all trial and error, what someone can cope with, others can't.

Back