• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feel so alone

brad scott

ok i have had my bypass 5 months now and 4 and a half have been amazing im 14 stone 5lbs couldnt ask for more but the past 3 weeks ive been constipated and ive been to my gp who referred me to a dietcian who couldnt help me so i phoned my surgeons office to be told he was on holiday i asked her when he would be back and when i could phoned him i was told if he feels its important he will call me i feel there is something wrong but noone seems to care my dietician said my diet seems fine IVE HAD ENOUGH NOW!!!!!! any got any advice for me please thanks

Hi Brad, can't help sorry just wanted to say Hi and not read an run. hope someone helps soon.xx

sorry hun but just the usual advice: fluids, fruit and exercise....Have you tried senna and the likes?

However I would call the surgeons office again and ask if another surgeon could offer some advice in your surgeons absence. at SRH we were given the ward number and dietician number for any problems.

Sorry can not be of much help, but do hope you get sorted soon. xxx

have you tried senna?? i take one every second night the max ones they are good.. xx

First Brad what have you tried?are you drinking enough plain water?getting enough fibre?
You have mentioned Fybogel,there is liquid senna that I found worked well and many others.Your gp should listen to you in case your bowel is damaged for some reason.

I'm so sorry you feel so bad, you have done fantastically well so far, I'm sure your surgeon will get back to you. Have you tried gentle bowel help such as lactulose? Hang in there and dont let this blip spoil your hard work x

Hope you get that sorted soon mate that feeling is vastly under rated and not understood Take Care

You poor thing, how horrid. I've often read that Movicol does the trick but you should keep ringing the surgeon /gp/dietician until you get some proper advice and attention.
Take care hun.

i highly recommend glycerin suppositories - you can buy them in most chemists and they work practically straight away.

Andrea took the words right out of my mouth. They are readily available and work pretty quickly! Make sure you stay home for awhile after. Hope it helps.

hey guys ive got glycerin and have used them ur right they are fantastic but i was scared if i used them they would damage me lol i think im worryin bout nothing tho thanks for all ur advice once again u have all made me feel better much love xx

Back