• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling so disheartened

louisaL

looking to make a change!
Went to L&D hosp after being away a year and didn't recognise any of the staff. Was meant to see the dietcian but saw Chrissy the nurse who didn't understand me at all. She said she wants to speak to the team before I start the milk diet and will call me later.

I've already been preparing myself all weekend and bought all my milk, jelly etc and now she's saying I might not be able to do it :(

hun get used to being let down by the luton team, there bloody useless, im 18 months out from having my op and only seem them 2 times and that was by me calling them to see me, but they are crap x

Hi tray I remember you from last year. Is that mum and daughter still around as the daughter had hers xmas 2010 but it got changed because of the snow. Everyone I saw last year was so nice

And apparently they thought I had an obsession with food last year but no one said and for someone like me who skips meals and sometimes doesn't eat till 3pm I don't think its an obsession?!?

Last edited:
I would just like to say that I have had nothing but good experiences with Luton & Dunstable Hospital bariatric teams. During my pre and post op they have been extremely supportive. I'm sorry you have had a bad experience with them, but I just wanted to stick up for them, and say not everyone gets a rough deal. One thing to remember is that all of the bariatric surgeons are also responsible for all upper GI surgery at L&D - so for example an urgent stomach cancer op or perforated bowel will take priority over weight loss surgery, and often things get cancelled when a priority case goes in. That's what the NHS is all about, and thankfully so! Patience and determination are the key. Good luck with your journey.

Thanks Snagglepuss I will agree up until now I've had been very supported by the staff but just feel disheartened what I was told today.

Obviously Tray like yourself has been through her Op etc so has more to base her experiences on so I can't and wont comment on them as a whole only what I've been through today.

Please try hard not to be disheartened. Take back control. Did the nurse give you reasons why you can't do the diet you were preparing for? Unless it was due to medical reasons specific to you then there is no reason why you can't go on a 'milk diet'. This type of diet is commonly used & if you do exactly what the diet says then there should be nothing to loose but weight. I am a qualified food scientist so do know the scientific facts behind all of it. I would check back constantly with her to find out what her follow up with the team outcome
is. Good luck.

Hi Bellydancer,

Its because I got to this stage last year and gave up after 8 weeks of the milk diet with 3lbs till my goal of 5% loss

They've thankfully said I can do it now and on day 2 at the moment and everything is going well

I have to agree with SP - I have not yet had op but apart from one man I have found most of the people at LandD helpful and understanding. If you're not happy Tray, please phone them! If you tell the receptionist alone how you're feeling she will help. If you read my diary you will know that I had a bad experience with one person - they made sure it was sorted that day.

I too have had good care from them, nice people, prompt treatment and help on the end of a phone. I have had calls from them asking how things are going. Today I have my surgeon appointment and appointment to see the anesthetist on the 15th of March!!

Keep up the good work with the milk diet. You will eventually reach your goal. Hope your op date come through soon.
All the best.

Back