• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling a bit glum :(

Sappho

Last week I only lost 2lbs and this week I put 1lb on! Only had the op in November and I was thinking the first few weeks it would drop off more quickly. I have been following the diet plan although could do with more fluid. Just feel like I am never going to get to my goal. Has anyone else experienced anything like this. I am feeling really disheartened. :sigh:

I usually only lose 1lb or 2lb per week, some weeks I get lucky and lose more but a general rule of thumb for me is 1lb or 2lb per week and when I had my stall I put 1lb on and then stuck for a couple of weeks but I upped my intake of food and upped my protein and the stall ended and I had two weeks of losing that 1lb and 5lb more and then 4lbs and then back to my usual 2lb per week.
I see people on here that have had their surgery AFTER me and they are romping ahead of me in their losses but at the end of the day, Im no longer putting weight ON and that is brilliant and even at just 1lb per week for a whole year is a lot of weight lost.
Dont worry, youre doing fine and 1lb on and off here and there is all normal and the weight WILL come off, we just all have to be more relaxed about it.
Steph xx

P.S read through the poem on your signature when you feel glum, I just read through it and it positively encouraged me.

Last edited:
dont feel down. i lost alot very quickly,was very poorly and guess poor body went through alot. i worry all the time that i wont loose anymore but will and u will too. as steph says at least its not on xx

Don't feel to disheartened - you will have many weeks were you don't lose too much or even stay the same but you will lose the weight. Your body just needs to catch up with all of the changes that are going on so in the long run you will realise that over a period of time you will have lost loads of weight in a relatively short time compared to the more normal way of losing weight.

Sending you gentle hugs and fairy dust to bring your spirits up and make you smile xx

I usually only lose 1lb or 2lb per week, some weeks I get lucky and lose more but a general rule of thumb for me is 1lb or 2lb per week and when I had my stall I put 1lb on and then stuck for a couple of weeks but I upped my intake of food and upped my protein and the stall ended and I had two weeks of losing that 1lb and 5lb more and then 4lbs and then back to my usual 2lb per week.
I see people on here that have had their surgery AFTER me and they are romping ahead of me in their losses but at the end of the day, Im no longer putting weight ON and that is brilliant and even at just 1lb per week for a whole year is a lot of weight lost.
Dont worry, youre doing fine and 1lb on and off here and there is all normal and the weight WILL come off, we just all have to be more relaxed about it.
Steph xx

P.S read through the poem on your signature when you feel glum, I just read through it and it positively encouraged me.

I cant add anything more to this this as Steph has answered brilliantly! The only thing I would say is I always stick for at least 3 weeks, then loose a massive amount so everyone really is different! x

I'm pre op so cant add advice except to point out the one obvious fact that you mentioned....

You could do with taking in more fluids... Am guessing that our bodies need the fluid as well as the fuel to run (bit like my old banger of a car) so maybe you just need a little more hydration? Good luck and as Steph says, your still losing, imagine two little 1/2 lb packs of lard then x that by 4 for a months worth of fat off your body. Not so bad now i hope :) xx

your weightloss will sort itself out im sure, my best weightloss period was after 3 months and so far i've lost 8 stone in 8 months so try to stay positive though i know it's hard i've just had a 4 week stall but it's the first time in my life i didnt put weight ON over xmas!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too!! ime exactly the same lose 2lb then stall then 4lb ect, ect but dont worry it will work itself out in the end. Ive only got about 32lb to lose to goal so hopefuly I will be a trim 10/12 by the time summer comes round. lets face it everyone looks a fuller figure at the winter due to baggy jumpers coats scarfs ect, so when summer comes you will look good!! Gail x

Like the others said, it will come off. The only suggestion I would say is are you doing gentle exercise, such as walking. Obviously not gym workouts until your consultant advises you should, but gentle calorie burning such as walking should speed up the weight loss. Also upping your water drinking would help, as it seems to get rid of any possible fluid retention.

Its blooming hard, this wls lark, and we know we shouldnt compare to others, but we all do.

As long as you are drinking plenty, eating plenty, getting enough protein and not too many carbs, the weight HAS to come off.

Hang in there. Its still early days for you yet. It will get better xx

Thanks everyone. My dietician says I am following the plan well, and I do go to the gym twice a week. He says I should not snack between meals though which I do (not unhealthy food but should just stick to 3 meals) and also need to drink more (only managing about 3/4 litre a day at the mo) so I will try with that this week and see how I go. I am supposed to be going away in August with a skinny friend and I am terrified I am still going to be fat and sweaty on hol. Just feeling a lot of pressure!

Thanks everyone. My dietician says I am following the plan well, and I do go to the gym twice a week. He says I should not snack between meals though which I do (not unhealthy food but should just stick to 3 meals) and also need to drink more (only managing about 3/4 litre a day at the mo) so I will try with that this week and see how I go. I am supposed to be going away in August with a skinny friend and I am terrified I am still going to be fat and sweaty on hol. Just feeling a lot of pressure!

Stop pressuring yourself, do as the dietician advised and follow the advice off the old pro's on here who have been there and wore the t-shirt...

And look forward to your holiday no more sweaty thighs for you whooo xx

I can completely relate. I have not lost a pound this week and it is killing me. (((HUGS))) Here is to hoping that the weight loss picks up this week.

Thank you, it is good to know you can really relate. I lost 5lbs this week (wahooo) but obviously with that good news had to come bad, I also got made redundant :( Ho Hum, at least I dont have to spend so much money on food now so that saves a few pounds!

aww Bloody hell good news on the 5lb but bad on teh job news.
Hope that something comes along quick x

Back