• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling too full

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
Hi Everyone

I am having a bad week food wise, no matter what I eat I feel totally stuffed after 2 or 3 bites/slurps.

I feel like I have been in pain all week!

Yet I feel hungry a lot too. Just now I felt really hungry, so I went and reheated some mince from last night. Previously I could eat a nice ammount of this... now I can only manage a tiny bit and feel like I have eaten a horse!

I am almost 6 week post op.

Has anybody else experienced this, or does anybody have any advice?

Thanks

Rx

Hi Everyone

I am having a bad week food wise, no matter what I eat I feel totally stuffed after 2 or 3 bites/slurps.

I feel like I have been in pain all week!

Yet I feel hungry a lot too. Just now I felt really hungry, so I went and reheated some mince from last night. Previously I could eat a nice ammount of this... now I can only manage a tiny bit and feel like I have eaten a horse!

I am almost 6 week post op.

Has anybody else experienced this, or does anybody have any advice?

Thanks

Rx

Hiya - Ok i'm not really sure why this happens but i've experienced this many times in the past, what you need to do is regress a stage, i.e go back to semi solids for a few days, this means yogurts or really soft foods, this way you give you pouch a kind of rest, you'll find that you will still reach restrcition but it wont hurt as much and it will give your pouch a kind of rest !

Dont worry this is all normal stuff and really for the first 6-7 months its going to be up and down like this, one day you'll eat great and manage loads of it and then another you'll eat almost nothing.:D

Back