• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ABSOLUTELY GUTTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fizzwoods

NEED TO LOSE!
Well, here I am a week after my bypass and I haven't lost any weight at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weighed myself yesterday (Sunday) and I was 117kg/18st 5lb. This meant I at least had lost 1kg/2.5lb, imagine how I felt when I got up this morning and I weighed 118kg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:sigh:
I thought that this feeling and sight would never be possible again???????????:confused::confused:
I have been on liquids only all week, so only been having soup and slimfast along with lots of water.
Making me think if I have done the right thing and if my bypass has 'worked'. So so dissappointed and disheartened. :(

Has this ever happened to anyone else????????????

Ah i really wouldn't worry hun. You're probably all swollen from the op. Before you can blink Im sure the weight will be falling off i really wouldn't stress.x

Im sure you don't want to hear this but 'Rome wasn't built in a day'! It's probably the most normal thing, real weight loss is a 6 week cycle. While its rewarding to see the scales move from week to week the game is to be in for the long haul. This time next week you'll be jumping up and down from the great weight loss - you'll see!!

Xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

If you look through previous pots you will find lots of them containing exactly what you are writing now.

You are swollen, your body is full of fluids, you are a week post op, your body is in shocl. Whilst for some people the weight literally falls off overnight for others including myself it can take a few weeks for the body to settle down and get into pound losing mode.

If I told you 3 days post op I was 7lb heavier than I was before would that make you feel better, a week later I was still 1 lb heavier than before my op. Give your body chance to hal, you have had a bypass you will lose weight.

Wendy x

This happened to me and I did not lose the second week either. My was quite slow for the first month and then it kicked in. We are all different hun and lose at different rates. I to thought that my bypass had not worked but have now lost 60 pounds, hang in there it will happen xx

Thanks Wendy,

Makes me feel a little better.. I understand what your saying and thought that myself.. But, when you see that other people lose 5/6lb that first week, can't help but think negative. I know you should never compare your own experience with anyone else, but its natural, we all do.

I am suffereing with a head cold too and not feeling too great, so this isn't helping with my 'mental' wellbeing.. lol

Oh well, here's to next week!!!!!

xxxx

I was told to wait until the 6 week visit back at the hospital before i weighed myself. With the reduction in calories you now consume you must be loosing weight. Just hang in there and you will reach your goals.

I also constantly compare my loss with other people's, but it's not helpful. I'm just happy with my own loss, and going shopping for clothes now is such a pleasure compared to previously!

I'm almost 5wks post op & I'm losing around 1lb a week. I'm on soft foods and think my body is in starvation mode. I don't get a check up with the hospital until mid March so I didn't want to wait 11 weeks for my first weigh in.
We're all in the same boat hun. I had a really good cry as my friend has lost twice the weight I have in the same period of time on slimming world. I've wondered what the hell I've done but we're all in this for the long haul. If it comes off slower I'll look less like a deflated balloon lol.
Chin up. If you need to talk we're always here!
xx

My weight loss is slow but it is coming off and I am just starting pureed food this week. The only thing I find hard is having the required fluids a day as I am not thirsty at all I have even pratacilly given up coffee.As I write I have just had my first milky coffee in days I mostly have a tall tumbler of nas squash and sip that most of the day.I had sloopy weetabix today and found I wish I could have that all day but know I need other foods to help.Not keen on pureing meat but may try some mince in the next few day with gravy

Healing and your body getting used to having the foods you would normal have will make you stay the same... dont feel down... you will be lighter... just not overnight xxx

I gained 10 lb the 2 weeks after surgery ! :confused: all pretty normal was told by my team ... Everybodys body is different especially in this weightloss journey . Keep going it will come good :D x

Makes me feel a little better.. I understand what your saying and thought that myself.. But, when you see that other people lose 5/6lb that first week, can't help but think negative. I know you should never compare your own experience with anyone else, but its natural, we all do.

I have not read ANY posts (that I can remember) of post surgery peope jumping up and down for joy saying they have lost 5 or 6 lbs in the first week post surgery.

I have read LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of threads of people immediately post surgery saying:

** their weight stayed the same
** they lost a small amt the first week, but not the 2nd week
** they had a stall in week 2/3 and are scratching their heads
** their weight went up 7 lbs or 10 lbs immediately after the surgery (this is due to all the gas that they pump into your body during the op)

I will NOT be weighing myself for at least 3 weeks after my surgery as going by everything I have read time after time after time I would only be setting myself up for disappointment.

Really don't know how so many people going for the op never managed to see any previous threads all reporting the same phenomenon ....? :confused:

I have not read ANY posts (that I can remember) of post surgery peope jumping up and down for joy saying they have lost 5 or 6 lbs in the first week post surgery.

Really don't know how so many people going for the op never managed to see any previous threads all reporting the same phenomenon ....? :confused:

Their are loads of people on here who have on their profile that they lost 5/6lb week after surgery. Thats were I have read it, I am not stupid.:mad::mad:

Keep going hun it will happen for you xxxxxxxxx

Fizz, I'm also a week out and this morning my scale said I gained 2 lbs. I was very disheartened and completely understand your disappointment. My fat girl subconscious even spoke up and said, see? You're just going to be fat. I totally know that's ridiculous, but this first adjustment is really emotional. We have such high hopes. We're in this together my friend! Keep in touch! You can add me on facebook if you want too. Melani Hill Schorr.

I have lost some weight in the past few weeks but haven't noticed my dress size shrinking yet like someone I know they are losing the weight & they have dropped from size 30 to 20 in the past 6/7 weeks post op

Back