• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling a little blue

J-Mo

:wave_cry:

I apologise in advance for this miserable post!! Firstly I want to say I have no regrets about my bypass, none what so ever.

BUT, I'm feeling very very low. I've been feeling sickly the last couple of days & very tired during the day but can't sleep on a night.

My weight loss is virtually non-existent. I know that I've had it easy with the recovery from my bypass & then I think of poor Charis which makes me feel even more guilty for feeling this way.

I'm doing everything by the 'book' with regards drinking & eating. I think I'm the person it just doesn't work for!!

I'm sorry for wallowing in self pity & I'm off to see the doctor tomorrow although I really do not want to go back on my 'happy pills' again.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me :cry:

Jacci your body is still in shock from the op.
You are going to lose weight when you are healed properly and accustomed to everything being different inside you.
You have to try and look at the bigger picture as you will make yourself so stressed trying to rush everything.
This is for the rest of your life now and you will be slimming down when your body is good and ready to release it safely xxx

Dear Jacci please don`t be blue, I know it is so hard adjusting to new ways but look to how you will look in 6 months or even a year ahead; and you will see how much it has benefited you.

Take each day as a new challenge; I hope you won`t be down for long hun.

Wish I could be there for you.

Love and Hugs Kat xx

Jacci your body is still in shock from the op.
You are going to lose weight when you are healed properly and accustomed to everything being different inside you.
You have to try and look at the bigger picture as you will make yourself so stressed trying to rush everything.
This is for the rest of your life now and you will be slimming down when your body is good and ready to release it safely xxx

I know what you are saying is true Neen but its hard when I see how well everyone is doing except me.

They say patience is a virtue :rolleyes:

Dear Jacci please don`t be blue, I know it is so hard adjusting to new ways but look to how you will look in 6 months or even a year ahead; and you will see how much it has benefited you.

Take each day as a new challenge; I hope you won`t be down for long hun.

Wish I could be there for you.

Love and Hugs Kat xx

Thanks KitKat, hope you are well after your op

You are very early days hun, try not to worry (i know its hard.) This will work. I didn't lose ant weight last wk and i'm on wk3 I felt like a failure and that it wasn't going to work, but it WILL. Are bodies just don't want to let go of the fat yet but eventually its got no choice in the matter and we win. Carry on doing what your doing and it will come off, your doing fab xxx

Hiya,

Its perfectly normal to fell like this. Your body is in shock and you're bound to be all over the place. I had about 3 weeks at the beginning where the scales didn't move. Its partly because they pump you full of fluids during the op but then everything rights itself and you'll see a big and sudden loss. You can't possibly be doing anything other than shrinking so try not to put too much pressure on yourself.

I had problems sleeping for about the first 2 weeks but then it started getting easier - it was about week 3 before I got a proper nights sleep.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

xxxxxxxxx

You are very early days hun, try not to worry (i know its hard.) This will work. I didn't lose ant weight last wk and i'm on wk3 I felt like a failure and that it wasn't going to work, but it WILL. Are bodies just don't want to let go of the fat yet but eventually its got no choice in the matter and we win. Carry on doing what your doing and it will come off, your doing fab xxx

Thanks Kerry.

I also think I'm a bit hormonal & worried about Xmas etc.

Hiya,

Its perfectly normal to fell like this. Your body is in shock and you're bound to be all over the place. I had about 3 weeks at the beginning where the scales didn't move. Its partly because they pump you full of fluids during the op but then everything rights itself and you'll see a big and sudden loss. You can't possibly be doing anything other than shrinking so try not to put too much pressure on yourself.

I had problems sleeping for about the first 2 weeks but then it started getting easier - it was about week 3 before I got a proper nights sleep.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

xxxxxxxxx

Thanks Porpo, at least I now know I'm not the only one :)

Oh Jmo, so sorry that your feeling down lovey. Take the advise of the others who have been where you are now.

You have done amazing love and its not long since you had your op. The weight will start to drop off soon, but i can understand how you must be feeling.

You will be jumping for joy before you know it, but untill then please take it easy and dont be doing to much. xxx

I think it is the time of year where lots of us feel down, the onset of winter, and as you say Christmas loomy especially in this economical climate.

Hope you feel better soon hun, chin up. xx

Hi J Mo,

I hope your feeling better love, I know how you feel at times. I still have to have a afternoon nap or in my case today 3 hours :-(

Since having my op i havent lost much weight but it will come off we have just got to give it time and not expect to much to soon, But i do know how you feel...

Im sending BIG ((((HUGS))) your way hun..

Take Care xx

Sorry your feeling low hun (HUGS).

But you will start losing the weight I know that for sure. It is strange it isn't coming off as yet but we're not all the same but we do all lose weight with the bypass. You'll probably have a fabulous loss all at once.

As for the happy pills. Why so adamant you don't want to go back on them? Do they make you feel a little better? Do you cope better with lifes little hiccups when taking them? Is it not better to deal with the aftermath of your op on an even keel and look at ditching them later down the line?

I know what you are saying is true Neen but its hard when I see how well everyone is doing except me.

They say patience is a virtue :rolleyes:

I felt like it was just me once, everyone else was losing weight except me. If you look back at past postings you'll see so many of us experienced this.

I still can go weeks and weeks without any weight loss.

We do expect miracles after our ops, and it just don't happen like that for all of us. Its really early days for you, just relax and heal, your body is still very swollen inside.

It does get better xxxxxxxxx

Sorry your feeling low hun (HUGS).

But you will start losing the weight I know that for sure. It is strange it isn't coming off as yet but we're not all the same but we do all lose weight with the bypass. You'll probably have a fabulous loss all at once.

As for the happy pills. Why so adamant you don't want to go back on them? Do they make you feel a little better? Do you cope better with lifes little hiccups when taking them? Is it not better to deal with the aftermath of your op on an even keel and look at ditching them later down the line?

I don't want to name the pills I was on in case anyone is currently taking them. But I have been taking them for most of the 16 years I have suffered from depression. I piled on the weight whilst on the medication together with comfort eating. I decided to wean myself off them & suffered horrendous withdrawals & these were supposed to be 'non-addictive'.

Few months ago when I was really low I decided to try some different medication & I have never felt so ill in my life. I managed to send them for 3 weeks & had to stop. I was having panic attacks which I have never ever had in my life before.

That's why I'm a bit reluctant to take them again. I fully understand people need to take them.

This is the trouble with medication - people have different reactions and it takes a while to find one that suits.

I was on seroxat for a few years and gained loads of weight. I've now been on fluoxetine for 10 years and have no bad side effects at all. Guess I've been lucky really.

Hope you feel better soon sweetie. My friend had it done and her weight loss kicked in at 5 weeks and not looked back since. Hang in there and sending a huge hud your way. xx

Back