• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling deflated

Jan1973

Joan1973
Diet before operation

I had a band removed 18 months ago, and now i am on the waiting list for a sleeve.. I have been told to lose 7 kgs before meeting the dietician end of may...
Struggling as i have hunger pains since the band was removed...
Just wondering if anyone has tried rasberry ketone in their diet and if it really worked... Any tips most appreciated... Joan x

cant help with the ketone thing but just healthy eating on a side plate works for most as with post op and prepares you for that at the same time if you check some posts in diaries you can see what others are doing and maybe try them good luck with your journey

I tried ketones before I had my band fitted, please save your money!

Pre op done...countdown to op

Wow...so so nervous..
Had the pre op yesterday so i can guess i should be having the op in the next month or so...
Lost the 5% weight, blood work ok, ecg ok, saw the aneathestist, mrsa swap..so all good to go...
Now on the theater list for the sleeve...
Terrified, nervous, but excited to start my new way of life...

oh wow!
all them feelings must make your guts go all funny!
good luck

all normal feelings best of luck you get a date soon

I'm at about the same stage as you. Had pre-op 3 weeks ago and my endoscopy to have done on Wednesday next week. Just waiting for my op date now.

Good luck.

I was so excited last week.
Had my pre op, and honestly thought I would have the sleeve over the next 4 weeks....
However, rang my surgeon's secretary today, to get an idea so I could inform my work, and she said there is an 18 weeks upwards waiting time...
What was the point of me taking time off work for a pre op, as I will surely need to have another one nearer the time...
Feeling quite deflated and resisting hitting the tin's biscuits to combat my being upset...

x:cry:

Your pre op will be out of date by then. Phone her back and ask her if the waiting time will put you in breach of your surgery time. They don't like it when you mention 'breach'. It may help, I don't know, but good luck :)

Ill ring her again tomorrow and mention the breach... I have in the meantime contacted Pals at Coventry University. They replied to say they would get back to me in 5 working days...

Ill ring her again tomorrow and mention the breach... I have in the meantime contacted Pals at Coventry University. They replied to say they would get back to me in 5 working days...

Pals are very good. I had to use them, as the hospital messed up my waiting list date. They helped to rectify the problem very quickly.

Good luck Jan1973 I hope PALS sort things out for you.

I'm waiting to see your consultant, my appointment (urgent referral) was supposed to be 16th April, they cancelled that, without telling me and I go back on Monday!!

On another note, please can you update the one diary thread instead of creating a new one for each update. A new thread = a new diary. I have merged all so far into one. Thank you xx

Well wont be having the sleeve as quickly as id thought... Apparently the pre op assessment is valid for six months!...gutted..

Back