• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey

princess4d4

Figured i best do this now that i am starting pre op

i have struggled with my weight from the age of 17 when i became pregnant i went from the look at me size 12 and proud to gaining 6 stone in nine months never really lost it post baby just some then when i was 21 i became pregnant again baby number 2 and a 7 stone gain at this time i was tested for gestational diabetes and was all clear but i did have big babies 18 months post baby my marriage broke down i became homeless and my 2 boys went into temporary care til i was housed somewhere the stress helped me to lose 5 stones but i was soon to gain it all back and more with a third pregnancy life at that time was so busy i didnt even think about my weight i just got on with it

1997 my 2nd marriage failed and i thought to myself ok im single and im going to do something about myself now for myself i dieted on cereal and yoghurt and went down to 13 stones i moved towns got back in touch with my family and everything was wonderful

in late 1998 i met my now 3rd husband and gave up working although i didnt change diet or anything the weight came back with a vengance by the time we married 3 months after meeting i had gone from a size 16 to a 26 and it has just kept creeping up i know why it is it did it i wasnt eating enough i was a 1 meal a day person i knew i needed 3 but i just couldnt do it

finally ill health interrupted and i was referred to weight management where they got me eating 7 times a day after an 18 month period just little and often the weight then started to come off only 2 or 3 lb a month but it was progress they then asked if i had thought about wls i had never even considered it

in july 2013 the dietician suggested to my gp that he refer me for wls by this time i was all ready for it lets do this he referred me to birmingham in the august i had a seminar and surgeon meeting in october 2013 to be placed on the waiting list i was then removed from the list to have more investigations into some blood issues sorted i got the all clear in january and bak on the list

i got a call on tuesday 11th to tell me top start pre op diet as my surgery will be in april they have 2 dates and will tell me which date next week i have to do pre op for 4 weeks so know its not going to be before mid april

i have read some very inspirational stories on here that keep me motivated and have a lot if handy tips and so it is sorry for the essay and thanks for all the support i have been given thus far :gen126:

WTG Princess :) its been a long time coming !!! i;m looking forward to reading your diary.............wishing you all the luck in the world on your pre op and beyond.............. well done and huge congrats x x x x

Hi & welcome princess.. Lovely, upfront intro & looking forward to reading your updates :)

well day 1 pre op diet i am determined to do this did have a wobble when i opened the fridge and saw bacon right in front of me but no not happening got the milk for the slim fast and closed that right back up tight and made hubby go move it to his fridge

had me 2 slimfast shakes and 2 soups for the day bring on tomorrow

thanks all for the support i have followed many on here from pre op to post op and seen some very inspirational stories

Well done hunni :) you can do it i know..... you are so focused and determined it will be a breeze...... first few days are the worst. x x x

Good luck with your surgery, I hope it works our well for you.
I too, will be having surgery in April, so I will be looking out for your updates.

well survived day 2 pre op diet just about had the 2 shakes and 2 soups im drinking so much might move into the bathroom for the duration really does not help when you already have stress incontinence lol onwards and upwards tomorrow is another day

Good luck xxx

EEhh what a story Princess, we all have one to tell. I can equate with baby weight that exacibated my weight too. You have been through soo much, this is your new start. Grab oit with bith hands and run like hell. Take all the help offered follow the diet to the letter and you cannot fail to do it it will be difficult at times but you will come through this for the better. Good luck and keep us all updated.x

once again thanks all for the support really is appreciated i have now been confirmed for the 16th april though change of venue it will be at solihull spire and not heartlands though all my pre op and after care will remain at heartlands

Thats where I had my op room 101 I was in the staff are lovely :)

thanks thats a little reassuring i hate place i know nothing about damn wish i could have got it done local still ohwell better somewhere unknown than not at all

Its a posh bupa very small hospital, even my pots of tea were served on a silver tray with doilies lol

oh my def not the sort of place i need to be going then im common as muck lol

Hahaha its really nice you will be fine, let me know if you forget your toothbrush and I can zoom over with one xx

Lol I'm common too but had my band fitted private in a spire hospital near me tbf they were great! X x

hehehe on the tooth brush im toothless so wont need 1 might forget something though knowing me

so day 3 pre op has been a struggle with headaches i did the 4 meal replacement 2 shakes 2 soups but i did slip i had 1 sugar free polo it was the last one on my desk hope it wont affect anything

also found the only photo today i have with both parents in ( never knew my mum ) and i thought this is fate of some kind and that they are now following my journey and i hope i make them proud as silly as that may sound oh well tomorrow is another day hope the head starts to clear

Back