• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling dizzy

Amrac1

Hello all,
All going well here. Apart from one smallish probleM. I keep feeling dizzy and lightheaded. This is more when I first stand up or bend over to pick up kids etc and then stand up. Its becoming worse. I'm not anaemic as had bloods taken 3 weeks ago. Is it a common problem which will sort itself out?

i to would say its very common as there is obviously a great decrease in food etc... i have read to its a common sympton from wls... maybe get checked at the docs or with your team.. good luck sweetpea x

I have had very extreme degrees of this, ie, passing out when i get up too quick etc, My bloods are a bit off and so my supplements are being adjusted, but the theory my consultant has explained to me is that when we were at our largest, our body is pumping alot more blood around and to accomodate this, our blood vessels are stretched out, and when we lose the weight our body's don't have as much blood to pump and the blood vessels take time to shrink back and adjust, hence when we get up from sitting / lying down, our blood pressure drops so we get dizzy, I have found drinking loads and wearing tight surgical stockings does help, and learn to know when its safe to carry on walking when we've just got up, or when we just need to sit back down.... It does get better so long as our nutrition stays good.

Sorry for the lengthy reply!!

LOL I was going to say that maybe your blood pressure is a bit low, but it looks like Angie has given you the much fuller response! It is worth getting it checked out by your GP though.

Back