• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is your head behind your body

hopelesscase

One thing that i have struggled with is to see the weight actually coming off as at times i look in the mirror and just see the imperfections like my second pair of boobs mid drift or even worse when in the shower because it is mirrored all my wobbly bits and loose skin.
I know i lave lost size and can feel all sorts of lumps and bumps which are bones i didnt know were there. Well i did but i cant ever remember feeling them befor. i can also sit on the floor comfortably and get up no problems etc.
I get lots of positive comments and 2 that keep going around in my head is from my collage friend from 25 yr ago is "you didnt look this good 25yrs ago and also from her mum "you are blossoming as you get older"
One thing that has really helped is seeing the photos that nic has taken recently and also some that were taken on a day out with the kids. Vain as it may sound i keep looking at them and saying that is me. Its really helped me to see what other people see. The imperfections dont stand out in the photos like i see them.
My weight has gone from my top half first and then suddenly from my hips and at the moment for the first time my hips measure smaller than my boobs 44 34 42

So regarless of how camera shy or how much you dislike yr body get some photos taken you dont have to share them with anyone. Im finding the ones that have been taken without me realising are the best as im not sucking anything in so its a real reflection.

i also carry a before photo around with me as again it is a true reminder of what i have acheived and also helps to focuse me on what i am now not what i was.

Hope everyone has a good weekend
carole

You know where I am on this already, my head is still so far behind my body, and I have no concept of how I look to others. I still feel fat a lot of the time, and when I see a nice photo or catch a reflection it's like a sucker punch each time.

Having the excess skin doesn't help, I wasn't prepared for how demoralising it would be. I truly truly hate it. Knowing that I will probably have to wait another 21 months to get funding is depressing, but I am trying to focus on the fact that I am fortunate that it is atleast possible in my area.

I know my head will catch up, and I think the pregnancy is helping, as I can see my bump already which at my previous weight would not have been possible. Having the 2 pics in my signature is helping me too.

Have got to say you are both very inspirational women who have come through so much (in your own different circumstances). I can't believe how well you look and yes a new inner radiance shines from you.

Our heads have got a lot to answer for but you two ladies are truly fantastic in every way. You are always there to support, encourage, welcome and lend a shoulder if any of use need it. I am proud to be part of this forum and i only hope when my time comes i will be able to hold my head up as you two lovely ladies have . Wooooo brilliant xx

Thank you topsy :hug99:

My head is definitely behind me...I still have a very long way to go and on some days I don't feel different to when I began but as you say, photographs are living proof.

You two are amazing, you both look so good now.

I can understand about the skin. I am only a third of the way there and already I can see I am going to have a massive problem to deal with but I have to keep focused on the health side and deal with the asthetics later.

Keep on inspiring :D;);)

I think both of your are looking great and you are both very insperational woman. well done to you's.

I also feel the same, somedays I feel ok and Think Yess I can really tell I have lost the weight then Other days, Like today, I feel fat and ugly, It doesn't help when its time of month, But my head is still way behind, and I guess it just takes take, But I'm sure we will all get there in the end and I also guess that eveyone has good days and bad days about themselves.

My head to is way behind my body i still think im 34 stone !! I still look at chairs like i wont fit , i still walk off a bus sideways i still prefer to take a shower as i think i cant fit in the bath all these things i know will take time to adjust mentally even when i go shopping i still pick up the larger sizes ? I am starting to see the skin now especially arms belly and top of legs and it is starting to get me down just trying to think of the positives and pray that i will be able to get the funding to remove the excess skin xx

Thanks every one you are all great. It is only in the last 2 weeks that i have started trying clothes on in the shops befor i buy. prior to that i was buying the next size down off the sale rail. now its because i need something and i like it.
Ive got an appointment with my dr on tue because im etting some sore areas in skin folds so i am going to ask him about the chances of referal even though i know its fgoing to be a long way off.
On a lighter note i was talking to sam last night and said i needed to bag myself a good looking rich fella. she asked me if it mattered what line of work he was in. I said no origanally but then changed my mind hes got to be a plastic surgeon. lol

My head is definitely behind me...I still have a very long way to go and on some days I don't feel different to when I began but as you say, photographs are living proof.

You two are amazing, you both look so good now.

I can understand about the skin. I am only a third of the way there and already I can see I am going to have a massive problem to deal with but I have to keep focused on the health side and deal with the asthetics later.

Keep on inspiring :D;);)

Caz just noticed your ticker hun. Its looking good! You are doing really well.

Are you at the sweet spot with your restriction now?

yup i know where you are on this, it was taking those first comaprision pics that really hit it home to me how much i had lost, to say i looked stunned was putting it mildly. It was only when Jonah looked at me quizically and said your bowled over by this aren't you that it started to sink in this is ME. I vowed then to take pics every 2 months to chart my progress hence my latest ones went up yesterday as i am 4 months post op as of today. I think it takes a very long time for out mental image of ourselves to change and we definately need something to aid us in this. Taking pics does this in spades, and the compliments from srangers when they start reinforces what the pics are telling you.

I know how it feels too.

I don't feel i've lost anything, yeah clothes get baggy but looking in the mirror the FAT'n'FLABBY goggles go on!

But i've taken advise and got pic's to compare with in few months time, don't wanna see them yet! Look better when i've lost more.

yeah im the same. Ive lost 2st 10.5lb in just over a month, but still dont feel any different. My head is grieving for all the food i cant have still. Boo hoo!!! lol

One thing that i have struggled with is to see the weight actually coming off as at times i look in the mirror and just see the imperfections like my second pair of boobs mid drift or even worse when in the shower because it is mirrored all my wobbly bits and loose skin.
I know i lave lost size and can feel all sorts of lumps and bumps which are bones i didnt know were there. Well i did but i cant ever remember feeling them befor. i can also sit on the floor comfortably and get up no problems etc.
I get lots of positive comments and 2 that keep going around in my head is from my collage friend from 25 yr ago is "you didnt look this good 25yrs ago and also from her mum "you are blossoming as you get older"
One thing that has really helped is seeing the photos that nic has taken recently and also some that were taken on a day out with the kids. Vain as it may sound i keep looking at them and saying that is me. Its really helped me to see what other people see. The imperfections dont stand out in the photos like i see them.
My weight has gone from my top half first and then suddenly from my hips and at the moment for the first time my hips measure smaller than my boobs 44 34 42

So regarless of how camera shy or how much you dislike yr body get some photos taken you dont have to share them with anyone. Im finding the ones that have been taken without me realising are the best as im not sucking anything in so its a real reflection.

i also carry a before photo around with me as again it is a true reminder of what i have acheived and also helps to focuse me on what i am now not what i was.

Hope everyone has a good weekend
carole

Hi HC

I really like this little foto at the bottom of your post...you look great, so young and trendy.

Caz just noticed your ticker hun. Its looking good! You are doing really well.

Are you at the sweet spot with your restriction now?

I think I might be, I definitely cannot eat bread pasta or rice now. I reckon one more fill would take me to perfect restriction....gonna see how I go for next month or so and then if I feel I need another one I will book it.

Thank you for your compliment. It looks alot on paper but less in the flesh...LOL

I lost a lot of weight last year on Cambridge for my holiday to Virginia. I still felt big while I was there. It's only now when I look at the pictures I can see the difference and realised that I was doing OK really.

Unfortunately I gained it all back plus some and am 4 stone heavier.

That's what I hate, the vicious circle.

xXx

Lol thanks snow
They always say your as young as you feel and as long as i dont feel anyone over 30 im fine:eek:

Im 46 next birthday but still feel like im 20 odd. nNever really grown up was doing backwards rolls on the bouncy castle with the kids today and thought then i should really grow up.Oh well next year maybe.;)
hc

I lost a lot of weight last year on Cambridge for my holiday to Virginia. I still felt big while I was there. It's only now when I look at the pictures I can see the difference and realised that I was doing OK really.

Unfortunately I gained it all back plus some and am 4 stone heavier.

That's what I hate, the vicious circle.

xXx

Could have written this myself!

I have to admit that I am a bit surprised when I look at photos of myself now. I have changed so much in the last 6 months, it is hard to get my head around. I had a size 14 (12 US) on today and I do not remember the last time, maybe when I was around 12? Even at my lowest weight after puberty, I couldn't wear a US 12. It seems unreal. I was showing Shel & Carole my passport photo (I look like a serial killer, no joke, it took talent to look that bad) and my US driver's permit and it feels like I was looking at some other person. I am somewhat disconnected from the new me and I find the old me a stranger...weird but kinda good.

As for Shel & Carole they are my diamonds (stealing Red's coined term) and sparkle and shine. Carole is now a petite babe with a curvy figure. Shel is now a slim willow who should be wearing size 8 in most things (I know you will protest Shel but I kept holding up 8s behind your back and I know they would fit you). Don't you ladies focus too much on that loose skin because WE out here in the real world CANNOT see it and you both look terrific.

Nic:D:D:D:D

gorgeous avatar Nic xx

Back