• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling down :0(

doublemum

Hi all had my band in on 26th April so just coming up to 3 weeks and feeling really flat and down!
Getting really fed up thinking so much about food so end up just not eating, even when I do have something get sick of it being cold before I finish it so I just give up eating it. Only thing I feel ok about eating is soup and getting sick if that now.
Also not lost any weight in the last week??? Would have thought it would be falling off considering my size.
Just keep thinking what the hell have I done :0(

Helloooo there
What you are experiencing is perfectly normal, dont get down about it, food does turn into rather a boring pass time at first but it wont be long until your'e able to enjoy it again (obvs in much smaller portions).
The weight loss will drive you insane from time to time you will stall but then one morning you'll wake to find its started up again.
I'm not aware of anyone who has had bariatric surgery and lost nothing some are fast losses and some are slow but everyone reaches the same mark eventually xx

Hiya x You are probably stalling because you're not eating enough.
Are you in the mushies stage ?
If not then this time of year when it's warmer try having some nice high protein salads, they don't go cold for a start!

If you tell us roughly where you are with your providers' after surgery plan (eg as I mentioned, on mushies or about to go on more solids etc) hopefully we can then suggest some helpful stuff.
Have a look at the daily menu and exercise thread here http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders/135442-banders-daily-diet-exercise-log-50.html and please join in so that we can give you a hand with tips on what to have etc.

If you don't eat enough your body will convert anything you eat into fat stores because as far as it knows you are stranded on a desert island dying of hunger!

Have you thought about a couple slimfasts a day to help boost your intake up a bit for now? They can come out nice if you mix them in a jug blender with ice.
http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders-recipes/136046-neen-slimfast-milkshake-recipe.html
or also try protein shakes
http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders-recipes/137031-yummy-high-protein-shakes.html
You will feel a lot better all round if you nourish yourself properly x

OMG i was like TOTALLY down as well at 3 weeks...look at my diary in the banders diary section. i started grazing on chocs and my head just wasnt in it. i had a stall...went to my review appt. spoke to dietitican and got back on board. now my head is a lot more in tune and i feel blooming awesome. this time last week i felt so so rubbish!!

we are only a week apart surgery wise so i know how u are feeling but it will get better. dont worry about the weight...i noticed it has a mind of its own!

i think what your feeling is totally normal i remember feeling the same at around 4 weeks and i also get moments where i think to myself 'i am so sick of thinking about calories protein and food' but keeping going stick to your guidelines it will be worth it in the long run as neen suggests join the food and exercise thread it defo helps..:) chin up it will pass

oh hunny hope you start feeling better soon have you got any recipe books for your op if you need anything thing just ask x

Hope your feeling better soon.xx

Hi all had my band in on 26th April so just coming up to 3 weeks and feeling really flat and down!
Getting really fed up thinking so much about food so end up just not eating, even when I do have something get sick of it being cold before I finish it so I just give up eating it. Only thing I feel ok about eating is soup and getting sick if that now.
Also not lost any weight in the last week??? Would have thought it would be falling off considering my size.

I mirror wot other people have said, I myself immediately when I woke up from surgery thought wtf have I done, didnt regret it mind but the severity of what I had just been through hit me like a ton of bricks, but I have never ever once regretted my wls.

With regards to the foods aspects of the surgery yet again I was like you thinking gawd by the time I ate my food it was cold so whats the point,and you know what I did ate foods that didnt taste horrible/bad hot/cold it will get better hun your just going through the phrase of not sure where your at ( if that makes sense) everything is new and your retraining your brain to a new way of eating after several (poss decades) of years your bonse ( brain)eating a certain way and it will catch up eventually and you will start too reap the rewards.

Given you have just had major surgery please don't get too disheartened about the lack of weight loss atm, concentrate on getting better and eating regularly and following the guidelines, you will be pleasantly surprised in the weeks too follow, ( some ppl's weight loss doesn't begin until 1 or 2 fills but as I said the weight loss will get going eventually. I know its disheartening but I been there ( 13 weeks without any loss and now only 12lbs away from goal ) in less then a year I might add. - so you see anything is possible, (p.s. don't compare weight losses with other folk either) concentrate on your own journey and embrace it . HTH all the best Julie

Last edited:

hi doublemum, you and i are only a day apart. dont get too uptight about your stand still. i am still on mushies (have tried a sandwich and it was terrible lol...but i have learnt to stay soft). think positive girl. xx

BlueDiamond, Neen and others have given some good advice. I know it seems hard when you have a lot to lose (my start weight was higher). However for me it is best not to focus on that and take each day at a time. You need to identify what is best for you. The weight will come off if you follow the guidelines from your provider. It is best not to compare your journey with anyone else's as BlueDiamond said, otherwise that will just add pressure.

Come and join in on the threads Neen suggested and we will give you all the support we can.

Best wishes

tranquil x

Back