• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling down

mandyl

hi my new friends
hope everyone is well. hugs to those recovering. im going to apologise for posting this cos its gonna sound awful,but its keeping me awake at night:cry:im going to be having my op at st richards hopefully before end of yr. ive seen mr slater and agreed to the bypass which im thrilled about. now waiting phsch app etc. so why do i keep convincing myself they are gonna change their mind? feeling so down worrying about what seems like everything. was reading about someone who got a date at the first app with surgeon and instead of feeling pleased for them i felt sad,and then felt awful for thinking that. please dont think badly of me just dont want them to change their mind:cry::cry:xx

Sorry your feeling down Mandy, it sounds like your over thinking and over analysing everything at the moment, Hopefully this will pass. You need to find something to distract yourself everytime you have negative thoughts. Maybe read a book or go out for a stroll and some fresh air or something.

Sorry I cant be much help, just didnt want to read and run

Hope you feel better soon, take care

thanks hunxx
always been my prob 0 to 60 in 2 secounds! lol

Hi Mandy
I`m sorry to hear your feeling down hun . It goes through my head as well and it doesn't help all this waiting around . Just go to your appointment positive and tell them the truth and tell them positive things you want to do after your surgery . I had to have 2 of them tests I don`t know why but I passed with flying colours thank god . Your welcome to PM me and I`ll tell you all about it . You will be fine good luck and take care .
Margaret xx

Mandy what you're going through is a natural feeling. You're anxious while waiting for your psych appointment. If your funding is in place then I can't see you being turned down. Sometimes we expect the worst no matter how much we know its not going to be bad.Once we know we're going to finally have help with our weight problems everything revolves around it. We have it on our minds 24/7 and nothing else matters. Sit yourself down and have a long hard think about how your life is going to be once you've had your op. Think how long you've waited to get this help and now its so close. You have waited this long so a little longer is nothing compared to the rest of your life being healthy.Don't be sad, be happy that your new life is on its way. Big hugs to you Mandy and keep posting and learning from this wonderful forum then you'll be more confident about your op knowing what you know. Good luck xxGaynorxx

Hiya Mandy, I agree that it sounds like you are over analyzing everything and getting yourself in knots. I do this too and sort of make myself believe that something that I really want to happen won't happen and then this way I won't tempt fate - I know this is silly but like you I get caught up in "What ifs". Hope you get yr appt through soon x

hi mandy im having my bypass at st richards in july [sorry] ,i totally understand what you are saying ,i was exactly the same terrified the psych would say no didnt sleep 2 nights before my appt .but she was lovely.think these feelings are only natural we all seem to go through every emotion out there .thinking of you take care love deb:bestwishes:

hi mandy i felt the same right up till i went down for my bypass its very normal to feel this way as it the start off a new life for us x x x x goodluck honey you'll be great and you'll get your bypass DONT WORRYx x sarah

Hi Mandy - I saw you on the other site, too. I just want to say chin up sweetheart - we all know how you feel. You will get there. Zxx

hi my new friends
hope everyone is well. hugs to those recovering. im going to apologise for posting this cos its gonna sound awful,but its keeping me awake at night:cry:im going to be having my op at st richards hopefully before end of yr. ive seen mr slater and agreed to the bypass which im thrilled about. now waiting phsch app etc. so why do i keep convincing myself they are gonna change their mind? feeling so down worrying about what seems like everything. was reading about someone who got a date at the first app with surgeon and instead of feeling pleased for them i felt sad,and then felt awful for thinking that. please dont think badly of me just dont want them to change their mind:cry::cry:xx

Hi Mandy

I had to reply because it seems like you are having such a difficult time of it.

I, too am in the waiting game of this WLS journey...I think we should all re-name this process as the 'huge waiting room', because there seems to be a lot of people in it....Just look at Mini's.

It's the waiting that gets to you....Every day, every hour and sometimes every minute we are thinking about the prospect of the operation we hope will change our lives.

I too will be honest; My husband and my kids have suggested that I don't come visit Mini's as often as I do...As they notice that sometimes I get down afterwards...I was upset that they thought I was begrudging...I wasn't, in fact I would get excited for the people who was near to having, or just had their chosen op....But every time you read about it, it just made my own journey seem far far away.

So I can empathise with what you say about being sad after reading about someone else's appointment, because it's like standing in a queue where you feel like you're wading through sand....and then the fear that once we get there to the front, we get the dreaded 'NO'....You just want to be in that position in the queue with the 'YES' you have been waiting so long for.

So no, I don't think badly of you as I am sure neither does anyone else........because I'm also sure that we all go through or have been through the same.

~hugs~

ps: even if you got the dreaded 'no'...there are loads of people here to give you the support to appeal...so, lets take all the steps together.

Hi Mandy. I know exactly how you feel - I've been feeling the same way. Look for an earlier thread by me about 'Resigned to Long Wait'. Its because people seem to be jumping the queue ahead of you and you are worried that, after all this time, the psychologist could shatter your dreams that the fears set it. I got really uptight at the weekend cos it was just going round and round in my head and stressing me out. I had a few days away from this site and came to the decision that I have no control over what is/will happen so there's no point beating myself up over it. Use the time till the psych appt getting your head and mind straight about what the future will mean and how you will cope with the surgery and the after effects etc, so when you do see the psych (and you will!) they will see you are 110% committed to a new 'slim' you. PM me if you want to talk in more detail, ok? All the best. Julie x

Hi Mandy
I`m sorry to hear your feeling down, I can't really ad to anything thats already been said, But please don't worry I'm sure everything will be ok for you,
I hope you get some news very soon (((Hugs))) x

hiya mandy, the only thing i can say to you is everyone goes through the same as you are going through at the moment and it is a very up and down time emotionally but please hang on in there i promise you it will be worth it and soon you will look back at this thread and think to yourself i should,nt have worried so much. All us post bypassers have done the same but you will be fine. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Don't worry you are only human and we all go through different emotions at different times. This journey we are going through is a very emotional one and these feelings are to be expected. We are here if you need to talk or a shoulder to cry on. Take care of yourself. ((hugs))

thanks everyone you all so wonderful. xxx

Back