• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling fed up

christine77

dont know whats wrong with me today i feel really down.

i think its a combination of being stuck in the house having noone to talk to all day long and having nothing to do. i love reading but everytime i pick the book up today i want to throw it straight back down, even not being able to get out for a walk becuase of the rain has made me throw my toys out of the pram.

im sure the top and the bottom of it is i have only lost a 1lb this week , i had a strop about it last night declaring to my husband that although i love my bypass and are grateful at being given the operation i am gutted at only losing a pound -

am worrying that i am doing something wrong or eatting too much, i know its normal to have these worries but then niggling in the back of my mind are the evil food demons laughing saying we told you that you would be the one person the bypass wouldnt work for .

sorry for moaning just need to get it off my chest , think i will retire under my duvet and not come out until school pick up time
xxx

Poor you, I know what you mean about being in the house on your own all day with no one to talk to.

I'm lucky as at least I have 2 dogs that need to be walked rain or shine which is why I suggest that although it may not be terribly appealing as you look out of the window but why don't you just put on a raincoat, take an umbrella and just go for a quick walk around the block?

The fresh air will lift your mood and you'll be burning off a few calories in the process.

......and don't forget, you may have only lost a pound but you could well have lost a few inches.

Hope you feel brighter soon.

Poor you, I was like that the first week after my op, I only lost a pound and was soooo gutted, it is an emotional rollercoster at times being post-op, but the highs outweigh the lows I think.
Bummer about the rain, it hasn't reached us yet in glos, but it is threatening. The sunshine has been so lovely, I don't want it to end!
xxx

aww chin up christine, hope you are back to your cheerful self very soon. xxx and remember although it is still early days, any loss is better than no loss xx

Why dont you clean out your makeup bags or do something else pretty to make you feel gorgeous!

Lynne xx

cheer-up-friend.gif

Cheer up mate-I'm sure that pound was a really BIG pound :)

keep on at it all - think long term it will be worth it when you start to see the end goal :)

xxxx hugs

thanks everyone, i cant just put a coat on or grab an umberella - i dont own either!!!! thats why i have had to stay in .

feeling a bit better now think i might have just been a little tired , took my son to judo and had walk and a sit in the sun - which has now come out , tomorrow is another day and lets hope next week the scales smile nicely at me

Hope you feel better soon. I know for about 6 weeks after surgery I get the blues, just want to sit in the corner and cry for no reason. Give it time your body has alot of healing to do. You will soon be back to yourself again

Jo
xx

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down....know exactly what you mean though, having your entire innards rearranged for a 1 lb loss is blooming annoying, but it's still early days yet, you are probably still a bit swollen etc, & unfortunately a stall can kick in at any time...I had an 8 week stall about 7 weeks into my bypass....gutting or what (no pun intended)!!! Your bypass will work, be kind to yourself & give it time! xxx

thanks everyone feeling good today , thanks to weekly trip to loo ( sorry too much info ) and sun is shining so off for my walk soon

Dont feel too down I didn't think I was going to lose last week I still gave the habit of jumping on the scales every morning just to see, and all week my weight stayed the same then Saturday morning I had dropped 2lb so you just have to sit tight and see what happens. I won't be weighing in for a couple if weeks as I am staying at the caravan and I left the scales at home! Hopefully I will get a nice surprise when I go home,
I didn't realise how small I was getting I packed some of my summer trousers to bring with me and u can't keep them up!! I didn't bring a belt but luckily I gave safety pins!! So even if the weight isn't shifting check your measurements.
Keep smiling xx

Glad to see you're feeling so much better today Chris - keep your chin up and you'll get there x

Back