• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling fit and fabulous! Surgery July 2013. Target 9 months later. Now maintaining

This is a celebration of my new found self and subsequent confidence to wear cropped gym tops.
They are three microdermal implants. Once the implants under the skin have settled the jewels will be changed so they graduate - keeping the small one at the top, then to med in middle and large (approx. 1cm) at the bottom. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but ... the guy who did them had not done them in this position before (has been piercing over 15 years), but loved my idea, took photos and posted on the studio's Facebook page. I am thrilled beyond.

Attachments

• Implants cropped.jpg
    Implants cropped.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 96
You know, why would I ever risk being 'her' again ... Even I don't recognise myself ...

Attachments

• 9 July 13.jpg
    9 July 13.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Balcony.jpg
    Balcony.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 115
You are looking and doing so well :)

Oh lilac, I'm just catching up with diaries, and what do I log on to find, another brilliant update! :) To be asked to be part of that challenge, boy, that must feel amazing. Its totally well deserved, you're so motivating and inspiring. Do these people from your class know about your wls? It must blow your mind that your life has changed so much. :)

And we'll done on getting the towel. Proper blue Peter badge moment! And the piercings! What a celebration of your new tummy. I know a few people get tattoos after their surgery to celebrate how far they've come. I love that idea too.

Crikey, would not have recognised you in a million years. Totally different looking person. And your collar bones! Wow, I want them. :D

Brilliant updates lilac. Look forward to reading more good stuff.

I've got my gym assessment a week on Tuesday - can't wait :) xxxx

Bee - thanks for all your words hun, they mean so much. I am thrilled by how I feel. I could never have dreamt that losing some weight could have changed me and my life so much. Yes, the coach knows about my WLS (and boobs) as he needs to (you have to complete a health questionnaire when you join), and also a couple of close classmates.

I am so thrilled for your gym referral Bee - I really hope it goes well. Please let me know. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to access some classes. Being part of a group has worked for me and is a major NSV I found - we have spent far too long isolated by our size from so much in life, especially from group activities. I cannot recommend doing classes too highly.

The elite athletes (3 men) in my group have all lost nearly 5stone each thru change of lifestyle and diet, and doing the classes (five a week), working out at home and several one2one PT sessions with the coach every week. That regime if not for everyone tho (and obvs we have much more to lose!). They love what they do and feel equally empowered, so good luck to them. They have done the London Marathon for a few years now and also do triathlons, along with the usual OCRs and Tough Mudders etc.

Yes, my belly skin is a tad loose and I can see it wobbling over the top of my gym capris but I go for the high-waist ones and pull them up like Simon Cowell, and they make it all much more comfortable. The piercings are a celebration of my new body confidence. I wear bikini top and shorts at home in this weather, and I am more worried about I look a bit mutton than I am about my loose skin. I am very lucky in so many ways.

I have said it so many times on here, we are all fighters - don't be a worrier anymore, be a warrior. I am a warrior queen and now need to find my king who will stand beside me and fight alongside me.

xxxxx

Those words are well deserved lilac. I can only imagine how great you feel but already I feel better for what I've lost. I'm the lightest I've been in years but I want more! Well less! Haha

I want to do classes too, build up into doing 2 or 3 a week. And you're right about isolating ourselves cause of our weight. While I am introverted, I've been too much of an hermit and I can't imagine I'll suddenly become an extrovert, but I just want that quiet confidence that people have. To feel ok with myself and my little world around me.

Gosh those elite athletes sound very dedicated. But I suppose if you want something that much, you have to put the effort in. Bit like those of us who have had or are having wls. It's all a challenge really!

One of my friends has recently done zero to hero. It's intensive training culminating in a boxing match. Now he's finished, he's looking for a new challenge but he did so well, posting his updates and being very motivational.

Well high waisted trousers work for Simon Cowell! Go for it, you've earnt every bit of that body confidence. Celebrate it. :)

Oh I love that........don't be a worrier, be a warrior. Great motto lilac. :)

I truly hope you find your warrior king, or that he finds you. I'd happily settle for a jester at the moment :8855: :D

:) xxxxx

Massive NSV this morning. Went back to Aquafit this morning as I am not working ... managed to climb out of the pool without using the steps from chest-deep water. I have never ever managed that - and been so jel of those who can ... wooooo!

Fantastic x

Oh wow, very impressed with your NSV :)

Thanks guys. Don't think I was too much of a beached whale ... More starfish sprawled on the poolside. But I DID IT!!! And that's all that counts x

Wooohooooo indeed I've always been impress when I see people do that..... it looks so effortless too...... WTG Warrior woman x x x

My fit 'watch' told me I burnt 795cals in less than an hour at Circuits this morning - thought it could not be right. It is usually around 350-550cals per session depending on the activity. Really 795??! Checked with a couple of other warriors (bearing in mind everyone is different depending on body vital statistics) - it sure was right, we were all in that range. How awesome is that! Result! I LOVE my exercise routine. There is something out there for everyone. Get active folks xxx

Brilliant pics lilac. You look amazing in your crop top! Wow, I'm so impressed with everything your doing and all those pesky calories being burnt off. You're working so hard and deserve every success and your total warrior queen legend status. :superwoman:

I had my gym assessment last week.......blimming loved it. It was really quiet and she did me a programme, bit of cardio on the treadmill, bike and cross trainer and a few different weights for my arms and legs. I had to get on the leg abductor / adductor machine and it was fine getting into the one position but it was so unladylike trying to get my leg over to do it the opposite way. Good job it was quiet cause I was laughing my head off. I'm going for my first supervised session on Tuesday evening and I can't wait. I've got to go for these supervised sessions for 12 weeks then they'll let me free! There's only the odd evening session so I'll have to take it easy for a few weeks as they won't let me do more. Woo :) xxx

Bee - I'm so glad you have come on here with your news. I have been thinking about you and how you got on, as I know how excited you have been. Sounds great - really hoping this is the start of a fitness journey for you. As the weight comes off and you train, you will surely find you can do more and more. Keep the fluids up, and eat as much protein as you can. I am sure you will as I know how committed you are xxxx. You are the newest awesome 'super' on here and already legend yourself with getting on for a 200lb loss. Amazing achievement and an inspiration yourself hun xxxxxx

Oh, and thanks to Mrs for your compliment xx

Last edited:
Back