• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling fit and fabulous! Surgery July 2013. Target 9 months later. Now maintaining

Thanks Llora. How are things with you? xxx

I am fine! :) celebrated my 1 year post op at the start if this month. Following week finally reached my healhy bmi! :) :) i am worried i am eating too much.. And have some other head issues :) but i am ok. Obviously would love a new set of boobies myself! :) but my money would go on fixing arms if i ever come across any money towards that.. :)

Enjoying the fact that i can do so much more.. and i dont get the pitty looks.. :) the freedom of the ability to be active is just the best feeling in the world! :)

i do get dizzyness and blackness in my eye (was told its due to low blood preasure) but i am getting used to that :)

Just trying to learn to love myself :)

Brilliant hun. Can't believe a year. Wow! Healthy BMI is the Holy Grail. Well done. We all have head moments ... To be expected, but how we deal with them is different than the old us xxx

Lilac you looking amazing x

Thank you Alison. Your loss looks excellent work too. Hope you are pleased. Nine months it took me - your start weight was similar to mine, so you are on course to start the new year as the new you. Woo! X

Just catching up with your diary :)
Lilac you are one amazing, inspirational & beautiful lady I'm in awe of you! I so get the shape changing thing without the loss and yes I believe it's down to the exercise. I still have bingo wings but they are more filled out and not as crepey as they where before getting into the Aquafit... I wouldn't dare to push myself out of the pool though as bits of me are liable to fall out of the costume :eek:. It's bad enough trying to contain the boobs with all the bouncing around in there..I need a costume that comes up to the neck and down to the knees to contain me! Diving suit maybe hehe. Your story bought back a horrid memory of me swimming/snorkelling in the Red Sea when at my heaviest We got caught in a current and we only just managed to get to the last jetty where we could climb to safety. It was literally skin of the teeth stuff, only to find the ladder to get out had absolutely no rungs! The jetty landing was at my floating head height and at 28st it was an impossibility and wasnt going to be easy. It took my husband and two other men to haul me out and a huge gash in my leg from a rusty nail where a rung should have been but the embarrassment of it all is what sticks most in my mind. Would like to think nowadays I would be a bit more Bo Derrick about it all hehe

Hi Lilac! Thanks for suggesting i read your diary, it really has been inspirational. You've done amazingly well and you seem so confident. Im sure thats what everyone has hoped for on this site at some point or another.
I think a lot of people that have always been at a "normal" weight just assume that people are overweight because they are greedy or lazy and dont consider that our issues are sometimes psychological. Its easy to say that we should do this and do that but when you have so little confidence you hardly like to venture out of your house its easier said than done. But i like what you say.. theres a way for everyone to do it, take it slow, do what you feel comfortable with.. just do something! :)
You really look amazing, its strange to see how excess weight changes the way you look so much. Even your face looks completely different. Beautiful before and after surgery.. but still so different.
I will look forward to seeing more posts from you for sure :)

Last edited:
Thanks Victoria. If my charting my journey helps you or anyone else with their's then I am delighted. Weight is a very complex thing - and unless someone has been there, they cannot possibly fully understand what it is like. Likewise with the potential success and life changes WLS can bring. Unimaginable in my case - but here I am. This is why this forum is so fantastic as everyone understands the issues, challenges and emotions of obesity, and post opers can offer comfort, information and support to those yet to go under the knife. I really hope you will find the forum as big a help as I did and still do. Xxx

Hey folks. How's it going for you all? I have some news - I have a new job. I am going to be a Physiotherapy Assistant and I am soooo excited. I start on Thursday. The icing on the cake is that the hospital where I will be working has a bariatric unit which is an area of growth for them, and part of my job will be working with the patients in the unit. I am thrilled beyond - the perfect job for me which brings together everything my life has been about both personally and professionally. Can't wait to start!

Hey folks. How's it going for you all? I have some news - I have a new job. I am going to be a Physiotherapy Assistant and I am soooo excited. I start on Thursday. The icing on the cake is that the hospital where I will be working has a bariatric unit which is an area of growth for them, and part of my job will be working with the patients in the unit. I am thrilled beyond - the perfect job for me which brings together everything my life has been about both personally and professionally. Can't wait to start!

Well done you x

Lilac what a brilliant job. It will be so rewarding and you will be able to relate to those bariatric patients so well x

Thanks guys! Survived day 2 ... back in on Monday. For the first time really ever in my working life (35 years) I can't wait to go in to work. I am really enjoying the people I am working with (colleagues as well as patients). Have a good weekend everyone x

Congratulations on your new career and I wish you well. Can I ask, is it a complete career change? If so you are so brave. We are similar in age and most days I get up wishing I could do something else for a living. Hard to have the courage to go for it. I am in admiration of all your success.

Best wishes

TBx

So proud of you brave inspirational lady :)

Back