• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling fit and fabulous! Surgery July 2013. Target 9 months later. Now maintaining

My legs are tree trunks too lol. All my weight seems to have moved south there.

Good luck with ur WL journey

Just popping in to share my latest NSV. Today I bought two 4.5kg kettlebells. I had to walk back across town to the car. By the time I got there my shoulders were on fire, my knees sore and I was generally ready to put them down. Combined weight of 9kg ... What I have lost is something like SEVEN times that weight! And that is what I was hauling about 24/7 for all my adult life until I was 50! Sobering.

Hope you are all well, you gorgeous bunch of losers. xxxx

Last edited:
You are inspirational and you look amazing x

Just popping in to share my latest NSV. Today I bought two 2.5kg kettlebells. I had to walk back across town to the car. By the time I got there my shoulders were on fire, my knees sore and I was generally ready to put them down. Combined weight of 5kg ... What I have lost is something like TWELVE times that weight! And that is what I was hauling about 24/7 for all my adult life until I was 50! Sobering. Hope you are all well, you gorgeous bunch of losers. xxxx
I've been doing kettles :) although the pt I follow says not to use anything below a 12 kg.

Thanks guys. Yep, women should start at 12kg in a conventional swing workout. That is quite a hefty weight isn't it Yve (btw, I love it that you have come on here with that 'news' you have got a PT!). My weight loss is five of those! Not really imaginable lifting that! But hey, I was carrying that about - oh my poor hips, knees and ankles. I am using these small kettles as hand weights really in other workout styles. xxx

Wow you've done and look amazing
I really enjoyed reading your thread
Brought back memories of home made crimplene dresses lol
I'm 6 days post op MGB and hope I can do as good
Truly inspirational x

Thanks guys. Yep, women should start at 12kg in a conventional swing workout. That is quite a hefty weight isn't it Yve (btw, I love it that you have come on here with that 'news' you have got a PT!). My weight loss is five of those! Not really imaginable lifting that! But hey, I was carrying that about - oh my poor hips, knees and ankles. I am using these small kettles as hand weights really in other workout styles. xxx

It looks worse than it is - I tried deadlifting a 12 and found it too easy so have moved to a 16! He is a PT but he's not my PT if that makes sense - its more of an online fitness program.

I know- its insane! mine is 8 of them!!

Check out Powerwave Yve ... Mental! I tried the Spartan tonight (the one recommended for women of 140lbs or more) - it wasn't too bad to lift but the workout has you swinging it all about. One swing and my knees went. Don't think I'll be getting one ... But take a look. X

That's pretty dangerous if you've not practiced squats and deadlifts etc hon. Please be careful as you can hurt your back.

Not for me Yve, that is for sure. I will stick to my other routines. One of the guys (elite tri-athlete type) brought his Spartan in to class last night as so many were curious... glad I tried it tho as it confirmed that it was not for me. The Spartan is one of the lighter bags at 12kg - the new range from Powerwave includes The Beast (the top weight one is a whopping 20kg) ... Awesome!

I swear Yve that you will defo see a difference in your body shape if you continue to commit (I have no doubt you will!). Last summer I was exactly the same weight as now but my bingos were so saggy I would not leave the house without sleeves, and I looked so gaunt. As I have worked to tone my arms, this summer has been all about the vests and sleeveless tops. I am proud of how they look, no longer ashamed. Yes the saggy skin is still there but the muscle-mass has defo filled some of it out. I am thrilled beyond words. xxx

A few recent photos ... Exactly the same weight (to the lb) since April 2014 but a different shape. The photo of me in the black dress and cardi is from May 2014 (looking gaunt I think) - the other three are from the last few weeks.

Attachments

• 17 May 14.jpg
    17 May 14.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 82
  • August 15.jpg
    August 15.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Sept 15 2.jpg
    Sept 15 2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Sept 15.jpg
    Sept 15.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 70
Oh, and I just found this one of me on my 50th birthday, a couple of weeks before starting my LSD ... And the other is me now!

Attachments

• 50 birthday party.jpg
    50 birthday party.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Back