• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling fit and fabulous! Surgery July 2013. Target 9 months later. Now maintaining

Thanks Frankie, and everyone. The feeling is mutual. I am dead proud of you all - us all! Got into a Primark 14 denim dress today, and bought something in there last week in a 10/12 and t'was too big! This is crazy man! Can't quite comprehend the speed at which it has happened.

Also need to say that I took Yve's advice (why would you not!) and increased my protein consumption. Introduced a very small quantity of (like 10) unsalted cashews for my morning snack every day, lots of fish including a tuna sandwich for lunch one day. Kept up my milk intake ... Seems to have worked. Repeating again this week. Happy bunny!

It's amazing what good solid protein does hun. Fills you up better and for longer for starters! I am learning to accept now that my body needs fuelled every 3 hrs not just because I get low blood sugar but because I genuinely believe it thinks it is getting starved if I don't and then goes into starvation mode! I love my cashews and buy myself a wee packet every Monday & that does me for the full week.. Just a handful a day :).
Exciting times hun when something you try on is too big brilliant :). I still have difficulty in recognising clothes that are likely to fit. I look at them and think no way is that going to fit me and when it does it's all wow wee hehehe.. Loving it!

Exactly Frankie. I am just about there now on leaving 18s alone. Depending, I'm mostly fine with 14, with the occasional 16 thrown in for good measure. Trying so hard not to buy lots of Summer bits as they appear in the stores. I have no idea what size I'll be in a few months time. Hoping to book to see the fella who lives abroad in sunny climes ... Or a visit to friend who lives in the Middle East ... So maybe I'll get to wear them April/May time ... Am the very proud owner of two size 14 bikinis and a floral tankini set! Get me! Oooo la lah! xx

I'm sooooo jealous of you lovely ladies but SO LOVE hearing you so excited!! It's amazing what you have achieved.....very inspiring and reassuring to think I WILL BE CELEBRATING LIKE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!

Whoop whoop, keep it up!! Xxxx

You will be hun :) xx

Indeed. You so will be Ceecie. I bet you'll be buying a wardrobe of non-plus size threads for Summer, if not before. Be warned tho, there is a sudden moment when you catch yourself in the mirror and you look like you are wearing your big sisters clothes. That it an enormous NSV, but scary panic time as you venture into unknown territory to procure some fitting garments which don't fall down or off. xx

6 months out for me and 132 pounds down and on a stall and frustrated. Doctor tells me I am doing great but I feel I could be doing better. I am thankful for how far I have come but look so forward to what is yet to come.

I've done something really weird........

I have a fave skirt which is a black maxi skirt....I love it as it is so easy to wear. It is a size 30/32.

Rather than replace it with something different, I've only gone and bought it in a 26/28 AND a 22/24........

The reason at the time;

No-one will realise I'm losing so much weight!!!

Why would I do that???? LOL

Thanks Frankie, and everyone. The feeling is mutual. I am dead proud of you all - us all! Got into a Primark 14 denim dress today, and bought something in there last week in a 10/12 and t'was too big! This is crazy man! Can't quite comprehend the speed at which it has happened.

Also need to say that I took Yve's advice (why would you not!) and increased my protein consumption. Introduced a very small quantity of (like 10) unsalted cashews for my morning snack every day, lots of fish including a tuna sandwich for lunch one day. Kept up my milk intake ... Seems to have worked. Repeating again this week. Happy bunny!
Honestly Lilac, you're going to leave me with a head too big to fit through my door!

Yve, you have been immense with your knowledge and advice. Seriously, I consider you the bypass Queen and have listened every time. Thank you. xxx

I've done something really weird........

I have a fave skirt which is a black maxi skirt....I love it as it is so easy to wear. It is a size 30/32.

Rather than replace it with something different, I've only gone and bought it in a 26/28 AND a 22/24........

The reason at the time;

No-one will realise I'm losing so much weight!!!

Why would I do that???? LOL
Probably for the same reason I didn't want to get new pants even at 4 sizes down! You feel comfortable in the clothes you can hide behind. Silly really because at the end of the day there is no hiding the fact we have lost a lot of weight.
As lilac says there comes a point when we ourselves have a wow moment. For me it was more of an oh :censored: moment when like a rabbit caught in headlights I was caught totally off guard by my own reflection in a fully mirrored wall. I didn't see me but thought it was someone I knew. It took quite a few seconds for it to register that it was in fact me in very very very baggy clothes .. I looked like Annie's orphan, size 26 in size 34 clothes. Needless to say new clothes were bought later that day under the strict instruction of my daughter in law who found the whole incident hysterical... She says my face was an absolute picture!

Hahaha just realised after I packed off that last post that I'm sitting here wearing a size 26 jumper! ... It's huge on me but I love it and don't want to part with it. Just last week I professed it would be the last time I would wear it yet here it is .. Back on again :eek:

Ha! Frankie you do make me smile :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one clinging to clothes because they are comfy!! My Ian laughed at me this morning when I came downstairs in my old staple black trousers (size 32)..... He said I had a "hangy down bit on my bum".....sexy ay!!! Lol xxx

ROFL! Have just decided the size 16 Primark SKINNY (!!!!!!!!) jeans I bought today are too big ... And am sitting here typing in a size 22 sweatshirt ... Of all the mental challenges of my bypass, the getting rid of beloved clothes has been one of the hardest adjustments (before I would have stored the most treasured as one day I would fit in them again), but I had a light bulb moment a couple of weeks ago - I don't have to hunt for nice clothes that fit, as now I fit all nice clothes so I can buy what I want ... The was honestly mahooooosive!

Also, when I do find something nice I no longer need to buy in bulk! Tho I sometimes do buy a smaller size.

And yes Frankie, the purge of the drawer of drawers was long overdue. Out with the 24s and in with the 14s. Ooooo la lah!

Last edited:
Oooooo! Just calculated I am one BMI point away from being 'Overweight', rather than Obese! With a starting BMI of over 46 I was very Morbidly Obese. What a victory it would be to be merely clinically overweight. Bring on the dancing girls ...

I am so glad I am not the only one! I was beginning to think I was needing some kind of therapy! Ceecie the hanging bit at the back of the trews made me laugh ..hubby used to tell me this too when I insisted for months on wearing my comfy jeans until that fateful reflection day :eek:. Now I'm hardly ever out of leggings!

Lilac indeed you are & it won't be long now :).. I have 3 st to go before I reach that giddy accolade.

I'm intending to have a clear out of the wardrobe soon. I still have my summer & holiday stuff in there most if which is size 24's so way too big. It's frustrating to see spring summer stuff coming into shops and I still can't/won't buy because of the uncertainty of where I will be at come the actual spring and summer :sigh:

Hun I only just cleared out my 24s....after I started fitting into 14s! Even then I've kept everything 18 or below!

:rotflmao: now I feel loads better knowing that you do it too Yve

What's even worse is trying to wear things that you have to constantly tug around to avoid exposure.

So true hun x

Back