• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling fit and fabulous! Surgery July 2013. Target 9 months later. Now maintaining

my wedding dress will be made to fit :D

Oooooo! Just calculated I am one BMI point away from being 'Overweight', rather than Obese! With a starting BMI of over 46 I was very Morbidly Obese. What a victory it would be to be merely clinically overweight. Bring on the dancing girls ...

Well done Lilac, thats a great achievement in itself. I cleared out my wardrobe over Christmas/new year, it was both great and sad! I had to let go of some 'old favourites' and a number of things that were a little small when I first bought them, that I never wore, as too big now. I took 2 bin bags full to a local charity shop.

I wonder how long it takes our head to catch up with our new bodies? When I look in the mirror, honestly!, I can't see a difference, I've gone from a size 20 to a size 12/14, but I don't see it. I took pictures the other day, and in the side by side comparison i could see a difference but still when I look in the mirror i can't see it... Im sure it will be a lightbulb moment, eventually! Lol

Sorry, forgot to mention I have bought all new size 16 knickers.

Need to do my bra drawer next. My 40 Gs are like empty shopping bags!

Major NSV today. Probably one of biggest ever ... In an independent boutique in Dulwich ... you know the kind ... Where before my bypass I would not have bothered to even consider looking in the window knowing that the XL will be a 14 ... Well, today not only did I go in and buy something ... BUT I also had to put something back which was blinding value in the sale (it was the only one - damn!) because it was TOO BIG! Just had to share.

Have a great Saturday evening folks xxx

I haven't dared to go in one of those yet. I still struggle to go into river island. I have a lot of fear around normal size clothes shops, even though I'm starting to get into 14s

Yve - I know that feeling. This is my turn to give YOU advice ... I recommend you factor it into your 'plan' for your SS14 wardrobe. I think you could be pleasantly surprised - both with the realistic purchase opportunity, and how empowered you feel.

However, I do understand that feeling of being outside our comfort zone in such an establishment. Now for us, there is something really powerful in knowing the size 8/10 assistants are not now thinking "you are wasting your time lady! No way Jose will you be able to squeeze your walrus of a body into any of our stuff".

I think maybe I will celebrate this milestone by buying something in one of these stores.

Go girl! You can do it ...

The garment I bought was a sweater for £12 with a bit of glitter in it, with a split up the back to the waist. I have spent most of my adult life disguising my a*se and now I'm happy drawing attention to it .. Wooo!

Whoop whoop *sings* go lilac go lilac :D

I'm sooooo jealous of you lovely ladies but SO LOVE hearing you so excited!! It's amazing what you have achieved.....very inspiring and reassuring to think I WILL BE CELEBRATING LIKE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!

Whoop whoop, keep it up!! Xxxx

Yes hun you will :))) it's exciting eh? I'm getting excited now too :)

I've done something really weird........

I have a fave skirt which is a black maxi skirt....I love it as it is so easy to wear. It is a size 30/32.

Rather than replace it with something different, I've only gone and bought it in a 26/28 AND a 22/24........

The reason at the time;

No-one will realise I'm losing so much weight!!!

Why would I do that???? LOL

Keep them all too n remind yourself when in doubt how clever u r x

I gave all my clothes away. Then I but the lot back on :( I've kept my smaller clothes now tho. Won't do that again :( well done everyone

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Back