• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling fit and fabulous! Surgery July 2013. Target 9 months later. Now maintaining

It's a great feelining, isn't it. I was the same when I bought a gorgeous vest top in Abercrombie kids! Hehehe

Ladies and gents ... I bought a top in the M&S sale today. What's so spesh about that, I hear you mutter. Well ................................. It is from the kids dept - age 12/13 years. BOOM!!!

Well done you! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Was just thinking and realised that even as a kid I didn't fit kids clothes :eek: ... Wouldn't it be great if.... :D

I think I was in that size at 4 lol :/

Yep ... My stones matched my years from toddler til 18! I remember not being able to fit into an adult skirt when I was about 13 ... So my mum had to make my school clothes.

Today I've had a massive loss - 5lbs! That puts me at 11 stone 10lbs! I have not been that since I was about 12 years old when my mum took me to a private doctor who put me on Amphetamines ...

Well done lilac! 5lb is huge, I'm lucky to do that in 3 weeks! Keep going at that rate and you'll hit your target in no time. X

Wow!

Yep ... My stones matched my years from toddler til 18! I remember not being able to fit into an adult skirt when I was about 13 ... So my mum had to make my school clothes.

Today I've had a massive loss - 5lbs! That puts me at 11 stone 10lbs! I have not been that since I was about 12 years old when my mum took me to a private doctor who put me on Amphetamines ...

Fantastic weight loss hun yayyyyy!!
Yep I always matched my age with my weight with the exception of 16 and 17years when I went from one extreme to another. At 18 though I was back at 18st :sigh: and yep my mum made my clothes too. She is great at sewing but has absolutely no fashion sense what so ever. As a result I hate purple and don't ever show me pin stripes! The worst thing was a pair of crimpolene, chocolate, white pin stripe trousers with elasticated waist. I hated them with a passion and no wonder I found it hard to make friends with some of the concoctions I had to wear! Also I had big feet so fashion shoes were a no go :mad: Thank god there is not a lot of photographic evidence of my younger days out there :eek:

Heehee! Frankie, that is just my childhood too! Plus, the clothes (aka tents) she so lovingly stitched were always several sizes too big to allow for inevitable 'expansion'. When I started secondary school I discovered Etam, Miss Selfridge and other such trendy shops but soon out-grew the range which stopped at 14, and had to defect to BHS and the like which went to 18. By age 20 I was into 'The Fat Shop' ie Evans Outsizes as it was so attractively named then, with the odd bits from Gap's men's range (t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc). Wooooo M&S kids now .... At age 51 in May. Haha! xxxx

I'll tell you what ... I think I'm going to start a (hopefully) cathartic thread ... Posting a childhood photo. I think it would be very bonding for us as many of us share such similar memories and 'history'. I for one dread even thinking about those shots in the album but feel a need to address those emotions and put them to bed. I may even select a particularly hideous one - probably featuring a homemade bathing costume? Watch this space ...

xxx

Heehee! Frankie, that is just my childhood too! Plus, the clothes (aka tents) she so lovingly stitched were always several sizes too big to allow for inevitable 'expansion'. When I started secondary school I discovered Etam, Miss Selfridge and other such trendy shops but soon out-grew the range which stopped at 14, and had to defect to BHS and the like which went to 18. By age 20 I was into 'The Fat Shop' ie Evans Outsizes as it was so attractively named then, with the odd bits from Gap's men's range (t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc). Wooooo M&S kids now .... At age 51 in May. Haha! xxxx

I'm loving this!! So so pleased for you Hun xxx

OMG Lilac you had a hand made swim suit as well ?... Me too hahaha and my mums got a photo of me in it on bloody display!! :eek: :eek:

Oh yes. I vividly recall a particularly VILE two piece in navy and yellow patterned towelling. I recall drawstrings were prominently featured ... And the bottoms were all poofffie and looked like they were from the Tudor era, as worn by Henry VIII ...

Ohhh yes draw strings and elasticated waists :eek: I love my mum but...
Fortunately the swimsuit in the photo is actually Okayish ..it's me with my chubby legs on show that I'm mortified by

So funny, this thread is. Get pics of ppl now n pics as kids n see if ppl can match who us who, what a laugh!!!

Oh yes. I vividly recall a particularly VILE two piece in navy and yellow patterned towelling. I recall drawstrings were prominently featured ... And the bottoms were all poofffie and looked like they were from the Tudor era, as worn by Henry VIII ...

I remember wearing a blue swimsuit which was rouched ! (Spelling) when it got wet it held onto water and became twice as long. Very flattering. Do you remember crimplene? I had two suits made from the material , yuck. Thankfully not a lot of photos were taken in the 60's and early 70's thank goodness.

Crimplene my mothers material of choice aaaaaaarrgghhhh!!

Back