• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling fit and fabulous! Surgery July 2013. Target 9 months later. Now maintaining

What a wonderful NSV you must feel like walking on air :) loving the pics too......amazing transformation wtg your looking blooming amazing......stunning even !!! x x x

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Yes, it is hard work ... but feeling good. I have always exercised even at my biggest but never saw the effect as my muscles were coated in blubber ... and we should all remember that we have all been working out 24/7 hauling the excess weight around, up hill and down dale ... x

Well ... Howdy folks. Just popping on to share a non-WLS achievement (well I guess it is linked ...). Anywayz ... At circuits yesterday we were a class of about 30. I am no Gazelle by any stretch of the imagination - i'm a bit too stumpy for speed running, and my knees are b*ggered anyway from hauling twice my current body weight about for half a century ... Anyroad, i am one of the oldest (not the biggest!) now and the class includes elite athletes who do Triathlon and/or run marathons ... But yesterday I beat them all by holding plank the longest, and I could have held-out longer. Awesome. Wooooo! See y'all xxxx

PS: comedy the previous week when our coach had us doing handstands against the wall! I have never done a handstand - not back in the day, not now, never. I kind of climbed up backwards. You will be the first to hear if I EVER manage it properly x

Wow well done! Your truly inspirational Hun :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thanks guys. We are ALL amazing and inspirational. The science of WLS is a gift and we must use it wisely. It was two years yesterday I started the LSD ... where has that time gone xxx

Well, it was mega sweaty in the studio for tonight's Insanity class. i wore a cropped-top gym bralet and capri leggings. Yes, at times I could see my loose tummy skin wobbling but I was more focussed on my upper body muscle definition than my loose belly and bingos ... The scales this morning showed no weight change from this time last year. i would not have had the confidence you wear a cropped top last summer but this year is a different matter. Just proves that 3-5 sessions a week can give noticeable results. Don't be a worrier, be a warrior - get active. There is something out there for everyone xxxx

Thanks Kursty. We are all fighters ... Channelling and focussing thru exercise is an important part of our journies, IMHO. As I say, there is something out there for everyone ... Read in the news that the obesity crisis thru kids' inactivity has led to an increase in the number of primary schools holding classes with the kids standing up, and using more Q&A sessions to get them raising their arms ... Indeed!

Talking of education ... in the 2015/16 course guide for my Local Authority adult education college, I spotted a cooking course titled "Indulgent Comfort Food". WTF??!?

Thanks Kursty. We are all fighters ... Channelling and focussing thru exercise is an important part of our journies, IMHO. As I say, there is something out there for everyone ... Read in the news that the obesity crisis thru kids' inactivity has led to an increase in the number of primary schools holding classes with the kids standing up, and using more Q&A sessions to get them raising their arms ... Indeed! Talking of education ... in the 2015/16 course guide for my Local Authority adult education college, I spotted a cooking course titled "Indulgent Comfort Food". WTF??!?

I've always been a 'sporty spice' up until a few years ago, I was the p.e co-ordinator and used to teach p.e to the whole school, sport was my love and passion - then less than three years ago it all changed, I managed to put on nearly 140 lbs in just over a year, my knees became so painful and I was diagnosed with arthritis, needing a stick to walk at times. My mind still loved sport, but my body said no! Fast forward to this year I'm now 5 weeks post op and been given the all clear to start more exercise again, I've read your post with interest and the phrase that has stood out to me is " there is something out there for everyone". You have inspired me to look at what I can't do at the moment, but what can I do - so tonight I am going to go swimming and take it from there!

Thank you,

Aud xx

I so wish I could love exercise like you do lilac!!!!

I have to force myself to haul my backside to the gym and grit my teeth through exercise because I have to :(

Respect to you!!!

I love your posts always so positive and upbeat, you go girl xx

I hope all is well with you beauts. On Saturday I'm off on my first beach holibob in years. It's 41 degrees there at the moment. I'll will be wearing bikinis ... The beachwear has been the last element of my wardrobe I've had to replace. So happy the vintage longline look is on trend this year so high pants to hold the belly and bum skin in place, and a longline bra top with deep sides to keep my underarm skin under control. Get me on that lounger! xxx

Wow, brilliant photos, many congratulations. :) Have a brilliant holiday, well deserved :)

Happy 2nd surgiversary to me, happy surgiversary to me ... Yes folks, two years ago right now I was in Recovery. Where have those 24 months gone. So happy! I am feeling the best physically and mentally ever. I have been away on holiday and have my two year review with Mr Fiennes on Saturday. I tentatively stepped on the scales on Tuesday - 140lb dead on, still! Hoping he will be as pleased with me as I am with myself. Yes, holiday was spent in bikinis, on the beach, in and out of the sea. NSV - the pebbles and shingle was not as painful to walk on with over 9 stone less bearing down on them.

Here is a contender for the most random NSV - before going away I went to a huge concert in a major London venue. The woman next to us lost her phone down a narrow crack in the floor of the stadium seating. As we left she was seeking help from the FOH guys to retrieve said phone. The guy said it was virtually inaccessible as it was in such a tight spot ... he then looked at me and (in all seriousness) said "You are so tiny I think you would be able to squeeze in ..."!!!!!

Anyway, hope you all doing well and enjoying this good weather. I will be back soon xxxx

Attachments

• holiday.jpg
    holiday.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 72
Back