• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling fit and fabulous! Surgery July 2013. Target 9 months later. Now maintaining

Happy second surgiversary. Your diary is a great help and inspiration. :)

Thanks guys! Much appreciated! Last night two years ago I was in HDU on Morphine not sure what was going on ... last night two years LATER I was at the hardest Insanity class I have done, burning nearly 500 calories in 45minutes - not that calorie burning is my aim any more but good to know that the odd treat I do have it not going to have a consequence on the scales (hopefully).

My fitness routine this summer is: Monday eve - Insanity, Tues eve - HIIT Circuits, Thursday eve - Zumba, Saturday morn - Insanity, Sunday morn - HIIT Circuits. That is more than enough - but I do love it! All wearing cropped top and leggings, and I do not care about seeing my tummy loose skin wobbling about a bit. I am more focussed on the muscle definition I am building especially in my upper arms.

Just want to repeat my mantra - ANY exercise is better than none at all. There is something out there for everyone - it is fun and does not have to be about boring plodding on gym machines on your own, go for something group based where everyone is doing it their own way but the spirit of the group carries you along so you achieve the best you can give. Don't be a worrier, be a warrior!

See you laterz. Cheery bye y'all xxx

Thank you. Looks like you are doing brilliantly. Keep going! Onwards and downwards xxx

Thanks lilac. :)

Happy 2nd surgiversary......and what a brilliant NSV. That would totally make my year.

Oh god, that insanity thing! A couple of years ago I was up really late and got stuck watching an advert......honestly it so exhausting just watching them......I was only waiting to see the price of it but they kept going on and on. :D I'm being referred for exercise soon but definitely at a more gentler pace than insanity! Like you say, any exercise is better than none. :)

Bee, you are doing so well! And am thrilled you are feeling ready to embrace the exercise thing! When you are ready, etc. As you continue to lose you will find you want to do more, and as the weight comes off you will find you are able to ... I started Aquafit before my surgery in a size 26 control swimming costume - I have just spent a beach holiday in a size 12 bikini ... Although I have not lost any weight since last summer, I don't think I would have felt so confident in a bikini then. But now with my muscle definition I do ... And i know the saggy skin will not go without surgical removal, but I find an application or two of fake tan makes all the difference.

keep up the good work Bee. You are an awesome super-loser xxx

Bee, you are doing so well! And am thrilled you are feeling ready to embrace the exercise thing! When you are ready, etc. As you continue to lose you will find you want to do more, and as the weight comes off you will find you are able to ... I started Aquafit before my surgery in a size 26 control swimming costume - I have just spent a beach holiday in a size 12 bikini ... Although I have not lost any weight since last summer, I don't think I would have felt so confident in a bikini then. But now with my muscle definition I do ... And i know the saggy skin will not go without surgical removal, but I find an application or two of fake tan makes all the difference.

keep up the good work Bee. You are an awesome super-loser xxx

Thanks lilac. That's brilliant, to have the confidence to wear a bikini is amazing. Its well deserved with all the effort you put in. :) I'm not sure I'll ever get to the bikini stage but I'm going to give it bloody good go! I really can't wait to get started with it.......I've even been looking at the bikes on the Halfords site haha. :p

Have a great week :) xxx

Bee, that's brill! Bike! Yes yes yes! You go girl. Why not ... woooo! And makes travelling about free. Win win situation. Get in - let me know what you decide. So excited for you on your journey hun ... I thought I was done in Jan 2014 when I had stalled for a few months and was a size 14 and just under 13 stone ... I was quite happy all considered. But lo and behold, then all of a sudden in the February another 3 stone came off in as many months. And that is where I have been since ... Just trust your op hun and let it do run its course and once you are properly stable then you know what you need to concentrate on. I have every confidence you are going to shine xx

Folks - just wanted to up-date you following my two year review. Mr Fiennes was so supportive of my fitness and gave me some excellent nutritional advice to ensure my weight does not dip, and for which I am very grateful. It was beyond my dreams how the appointment went. I guess it just shows that no matter how well I do and how hard I work, the old me is still sitting there on my shoulder whispering in my ear that I am not doing it right, am going to fail, etc ... but the expert has affirmed for me that I am the perfect weight and very "sensible". For this I give great thanks.

Now for one of my random NSVs ... I am finding it hard keeping-up with washing and drying my fitness kit due to the number of classes I do. So this lunchtime I swung into TK Maxx to have a browse of the ladies fitness wear. In amongst the L section I found a pair of cropped capri leggings by my fave brand (RBX). They appeared to be size 14 and £6.99 - I grabbed, paid and left happy. When I got back to the office I said to colleague how pleased I was with them but they did look small for a 14 - she took them off me and looked at the swing tag which said Girls wear age 14 ... Gutted! Hopeless therefore. Back tomorrow for refund ... HOWEVER, when I got home this evening I thought I'd try them on - bloody Nora, they fitted perfectly. And I did my Insanity this evening in them. Wooooo! Going back tomorrow to rummage in the kids section to see if there are anymore.

See you lovelies laterz. Onwards and downwards beauts xxx

Thanks Mel. Your journey will be amazing too ... like life in general, we get out what we put in. We have to be active participants in WLS to stand the best chance of best success ... I am so excited for you, and hope you get onto the next stage very soon hun xxxxx

Howdy folks. Just dropping by my thread to talk about hair re-growth, and where I am at. I had my op in July 2013. By Jan 14 my hair was coming out in handfuls - it had been going on for about eight weeks and I thought it would never end. On here folks talked about it and how it WOULD stop and everything would be OK. Of course they were right - it stopped in about March/April (about 4 months in total). It is now 18months on from those scary times and my hair is starting to settle down - the frizz is now long enough to blend with my remaining hair and does not stick out in all directions and cause quite such a bothersome under-frizz, my nape hair is frizzy corkscrew about six inches long. When it is warm and I get clammy round the back of my neck it just goes bonkers. My hairdresser says as it grows longer it should be less of an issue ...

Just wanted to share this - as I found hairloss quite distressing and assume that many newbies will be there too. It really does end after a few months and I figure that it is a small price to pay, and also sobering as I could have lost it all inc lashes and brows if I had been diagnosed with cancer.

Let's face it, as you can see in my avatar photo, I really cannot grumble.

Onwards and downwards folks. Catch you later. xxx

Thanks lilac, that's very reassuring, especially to us newbies who are still waiting, whether for the surgery or to see if this will happen to us.

Well I'm on my way now, exactly a fortnight today I will be seeing the surgeon! Eeek! I'm so excited, even more so now I'll be able to tell him I've lost 2 stone since referral and I'm going to have lost some more weight by the appointment.

Keep doing what you're doing lilac, you're such an inspiration to us all xx

Mel! That is awesome news! So so so excited for you, and the loss is fantastic. Fingers crossed for you and a knife date soon please! Wooo!

Oh, and thanks ... i am always here. I will continue to ramble on until I'm told to shut up ... Hoping that does not happen as I was inspired by folks on here albeit about a month after my bypass - wish I'd found the site sooner. Off to curcuits now xxx

PS: Insanity last night was so tough but I hardly modified at all. I kept going as one of the fastest females in the class. Got home to find the three male elite warriors (they do triathlon and marathons!) had each put on Facebook how hard the class was, and one had even stopped ... To know they struggled too made me feel amazing. I struggled but did not stop! Fitbit told me in 50mins I had done over 3,700 steps. 1.3 miles. Heart rate avg 119, 450cals burnt. Boom!

Flipping nora lilac, I need to sit down after reading your fitbit stats! :eek: Brilliant work and how amazing to not stop, to keep powering through, and to be on par and even better than 3 guys! You've got guts and strength, totally inspirational. Lilacwarrior...........tough yet glittery! :p:D

I'm seeing my GP tomorrow for that exercise on referral thing......at last!

Thanks for the encouragement, I'll let you know how I get on. Hopefully I'll had have a gym assessment within 2 weeks then I can get going.

And thanks for the reassurance about the hair. I'm waiting for that to start happening but I'm going to try not to worry about it. :)

Have a great week! xxxx

Bee, thanks a mill chick. Great you have an exercise referral coming up. And also great to sense your determination to do well. I am sure you will take to it ... Please tho don't hope to lose additional weight, in fact your loss might even slow as you will be building muscle, be strong and avoid the scales. Your body shape will change for sure.

Hairloss will probably start in a couple of months - stay calm! Standby!

xxx

Folks! NSVs just keep coming, thick and fast ... this is a corker! Some of the elite warriors from my fitness group (male triathletes and marathon runners, and my lovely squaddie female friend!) are all trying very hard to persuade me to join their team for the Bear Grylls Survival OCR in north London in October (35 obstacles over 10k). Everyone in the team has to complete all the obstacles and finish for every member to get a finishers medal. They would not be so keen for me to come on board if they had doubts on my ability I assume. Who'd have thunk it! I really don't want to do it - not because I think I can't (I do have my doubts, as you can appreciate - I don't run 10m if I can help it, let alone 10k and as for climbing over 3m walls, etc ...) but I really don't relish all the filth and hassle. Tho the fact I am being pestered by folks in that league of fitness is an extraordinary NSV I never saw coming.

This is what it involves:
http://www.beargryllssurvivalrace.com/races/10k-survival-race/

As always, posting this to show that if I can achieve these things, then anything that you never imagined before WLS is possible if you dedicate yourself, and are an active participant in your journey. Go for it - we are only here once! Life is not a dress rehearsal - we have lost too many years being our previous selves. This is our time now - why would we want to sabotage the new life we have been have been given by sitting on the sofa stuffed full of ice cream and good intentions.

Laterz lovelies xxxx

Last edited:
We had a warrior picnic yesterday. I was given an award by coach Chris, for being the best in the Insanity class!! Out of a pool of about 40 regulars ... Get out of here! Me???!! So made up ... Here is the award - His own branded fitness towel. It means the world to me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 97
Kursty, there is exercise suitable for everyone in my view. It does not have to be boring. And we just need to look around for something that is fun and suits us. I have made some great friends - and you know what, we can be whoever we like with new folks in a new situation as they don't know our back-story x

Back