• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling good but not losing weight...hmmm

LisaG

Disappearing slowly
Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know I've managed to up my liquids a little with all your tips and am trying to up it a little more each day.

Feeling quite good at the moment (just over 2 weeks after surgery), have been out and about for the first time this weekend and haven't taken any naps or anti sickness tablets! Great.

Only prob is I'm not loosing any weight at the moment and still don't feel any restriction in my pouch. I know some people don't on the sloppy stage but it's still a little concerning.

Anyway, trying not to worry about it too much as the laws of science say that it has to come off eventually. I think that's the right attitude to have at the moment anyway! LOL

At a recent wls meeting i attended with a notorious fairy dust sprinkler us who are pre op were advised not to weigh for a month as we are full of gas/fluids and our bodies have just had a major trauma....

You seem to have a great attitude and appreciate it's not suddenly going to come off overnight which is awesome... Keep on trucking Lisa, you are so gonna succeed. xx

Hi Lisa,

I just read your other thread about struggling with fluids and that will for certain be the reason for your weight not moving at the mo. Keep making the effort to increase your fluids and the weight will come off.

Also, please dont worry about not having restriction. You will not feel any kind of restriction until you move to solid food. This is perfectly normal, but still takes most of us by surprise. If you have no restriction then upping your fluids should be easy hun. Just need to get into the habit of sipping throughout the day, and adding as many drinks as you can.

Hun I lost a stone in the first two weeks then nothing for the next two weeks. As soon as I started on solids in week four I started losing again!!!

This is all really reassuring. I'm trying really hard to keep away from the scales at the moment and to not obsessively look at other people's weight-loss profiles.:(

I, too, felt no restriction at your stage. It wasn't until I started eating solid foods that I started feeling restriction. And weight loss is very weird. My diet doesn't change at all nor my exercise and yet some weeks I will lose 4 pounds and other weeks I am lucky to lose a few grams.

Hang in there. You will get there. it just takes some time for our bodies to acclimate.

Thanks everyone. All your comments are very reassuring x

Back