• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

stuck not loosing!!

buglady

well hi everyone i just thought id say hi im still here checking in twice a day to see whats new!! i just wanted to say im stuck at about 20 stone i had my last fill prob a month ago which as some of you my remember was actually my first as the surgeon missed the port hole on my first fill! i at the moment have no restriction apart from realising i get air locks when i drink and eat at the same time and occasional heart burn pains when i feel the food trying to pass down my band it feels redundant!! i know it does take a while to reach my sweet spot but i cant help feeling bugged that it takes a few fills in some people to start loosing and people like me it seems to be taking much longer! im relying on will power plain and simple at the moment i was just wondering from all you banders how long it took from op date till you started regularing loosing with what you consider fab restriction???

my op was june 10th + 1, 7ml fill under xray still no restriction ps i have a 14ml band! wondering on your comments ps i do know it took me 35 years to put on this weight it wont come off over night,:sigh: but im sorry to everone it seems a bit depressing it takes so long to get the right restriction!!

Hiya, I can understand how you feel completely. I had my op a year ago or so and I was stuck for several months, I started calorie counting last month and I'm bumping up my protein a lot after reading tips from the other members here who are doing well.I went from losing like 2lb a month to losing a whole stone last month.
I can only speak from my own experience of having a slow start to restriction at the beginning. It's really disheartening but you aren't alone and in the end I know you'll reach the ideal fill amount. I haven't had a fill since Dec last year and am due the week after next to finally get to another appointment.
What I had to accept personally was getting tough with myself and keeping a proper eye on food I consume plus exercising a lot lot more.
It definately has helped me get moving again.
The good part about doing the healthy diet /cal counting thing is what I do have , the band now helps me feel satisfied with and it's been much easier to stick to, whereas without a band I would be hopeless!
I guess I would speak to your weight management team and explain your concerns. You have a ton of space in your band so plenty of room for tweaking. I remember asking my surgeon about my problems with not feeling restricted enough and he explained that there comes a point when the just filled feeling does not go away, that's when the band does not relax back a little a few days after a fill.
I definately hope this next one will be when my restriction stays this time.
Just wishing you luck and wanted you to know you're not the only one x

Last edited:
Hi Buglady

What do you eat typically in a day, may be able to advise more then.

Maz x

Hi BL tough for you not feeling the benefits of your band yet I am pre op so cannot help but am sure you will get there.
It must be hard trying to stick to a diet as if you had no band.
As neen says may be worth talking to your team about it and get some more fluid in the band Good luck

Jay xx

Hi BL, I was lucky inthe Mr. Sigurdson (THG)put in 4 mils of fill in 14 mil band during op. I had some restricition and then had a fill under x-ray and a further fill. I am pleased with the restriciton - did you have fill under xray - you mention Doc missing yr port?
Hope it all sorts itself out soon. Congrats on losing over 2 stone x

thanks for all your kind replys im due a second fill on the 24th so a week and a bit to go!! its good to know im not the only one that is struggling with restriction!! i usually have 2 shredded wheat or wheatabix (we have had skimmed milk for about a year and a half now with no problem!) with a teaspoon of sugar, lunch would be a sandwich or a handful of wafer thin ham a 90 calorie bag of crisps a peach or strawberrys dinner would be a jacket potato nob of low fat butter sprinkle of cheese and a chicken breast in bread crumbs and salad no dressing as i dont like it (handy!!) i like balsamic vinegar instead and, i have to admit i may have max of two biscuits a day not every day every couple of days im feeling rather sweet toothed at the mo! so i dont think thats extensive i know i can cut out the crisps and shouldnt be having the biscuits but compared to what i was eating this is nothing!!! i will chat to the dietition when i see her next ill explain i can eat all the no no things that banders usually have problems with bread pasta rice hard fruits like apples etc! i am glad in a way i can still eat these foods as i see my band as a new way of eating for life but in life we should all be able to have a bit of what you fancy the band just limits the amount if that makes sense!!

Back