• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not losing any weight!

Twiggie

I'm now on Day 10 of a reduced carb diet and not exceeding 1700 calories per day (only been over once when we went out for a meal but was 2200 so still under my BMR limit) but I've not lost any weight.

I really don't understand what's going on with my body. I normally drop at least half a stone during the first week of a diet. Even taking into account my TOTM earlier this week I should have lost something by today. Instead I've actually gained another 2lb :break_diet:

I've been drinking 3-4 litres of fluids a day yet still feel dehydrated so don't know whether it's water retention. All I know is I need to lose a stone in the next 2 weeks before I see the consultant again, but I can't see it happening somehow and now I'm terrified he'll refuse my surgery. I'm so depressed I could cry! :cry:

chin up hun.. member u know what ur talking about and it might come off in one go.. your body might be catching up with itself! i didnt lose much for 2 weeks and over the last week n bit lost another 9lb! so it will catch up xx

I'm now on Day 10 of a reduced carb diet and not exceeding 1700 calories per day (only been over once when we went out for a meal but was 2200 so still under my BMR limit) but I've not lost any weight.

I really don't understand what's going on with my body. I normally drop at least half a stone during the first week of a diet. Even taking into account my TOTM earlier this week I should have lost something by today. Instead I've actually gained another 2lb :break_diet:

I've been drinking 3-4 litres of fluids a day yet still feel dehydrated so don't know whether it's water retention. All I know is I need to lose a stone in the next 2 weeks before I see the consultant again, but I can't see it happening somehow and now I'm terrified he'll refuse my surgery. I'm so depressed I could cry! :cry:

Hi Twig

I'm not an expert on conventional dieting ( if i were i probably wouldn't have got fat in the first place ) though 1700 a day sounds a bit high (unsure what level of exercise your doing) so assuming your not doing any exercise try reducing to 1400 cals a day and see what happens, that should be enough to stop starvation mode and yet still burn fat, drink more water as that helps transit fat through your system better.

Sorry i cant be much more help really.

Thanks guys :)

When I say not exceeding 1700, that's a top line figure which is what is set by the Livestrong Calorie Tracker app on my iphone .... LIVESTRONG.COM - Health, Fitness, Lifestyle | LIVESTRONG.COM

In reality I'm eating closer to 1500 as well as exercising daily, 30 mins on either treadmill or Wii Fit - My Fitness Coach and Wii Fit Plus.

Theoretically I'm doing everything right so can't understand what's going wrong. Sample daily food intake:

Breakfast: 3 Cumberland Chipolatas, grilled mushrooms, grilled tomatoes (260)

Lunch: 1 slice toast, 100g smoked mackerel (375)

Dinner: 75g roast chicken breast, jacket potato w/grated cheese, green salad (420)

Snacks: 4 water biscuits w/cottage cheese, muller lite yoghurt, grapes (460)

Drinks: 4 cups black coffee, 3 pints Ribena Really Light, 1 litre water (50)

Total calories: 1565

Hi I'm assuming that the diet is for liver shrinkage?.... if so i'm under the impression that its not designed to make you loose weight and that really dosnt matter, but its what it does to your liver. I may be wrong and im sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon to help.

Just want to add that there are 3000 calories in a lb so you will need to burn the calories you eat plus........ inorder to lose weight

Hi I'm assuming that the diet is for liver shrinkage?.... if so i'm under the impression that its not designed to make you loose weight and that really dosnt matter, but its what it does to your liver. I may be wrong and im sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon to help.

Just want to add that there are 3000 calories in a lb so you will need to burn the calories you eat plus........ inorder to lose weight

No, I'm not doing the liver shrinkage diet yet, just trying to lose weight before I next see my consultant. I'd gained a few pounds when I saw him the other week and he wasn't too pleased about it :(

Well, according to Wii I've lost 2lb this morning :woohoo:

Mind you, that's only the 2lb I'd gained earlier in the week so still no better off than I was almost 5mths ago :eek:

twig ur 2lb better off that u was yesterday :D dont be so hard on urself ur trying ur best hun xx

twig ur 2lb better off that u was yesterday :D dont be so hard on urself ur trying ur best hun xx

Thanks hun, I've lost another 1lb today too so maybe I had a bit of water retention with my TOTM and now it's going and starting to lose fat at last lol ;)

I was just so frustrated as I'm trying really hard but wasn't seeing any results. I'm so impatient!! :D

me 2 i have no patience! if u tell them its ur totm i bet they understand .. i went once and had put on 7lb through totm and they were really good (aslong as id lost it next time) they give u 12 weeks to lose the 5% anyway :) so u should be fine.. x

Don't be so hard on yourself Twiggie. You can only do your best and what will come off will come off. You know your own body and it sounds like it was just taking it's time catching up.

I've definitely put on since I last went to see Heath - that was before Christmas! Terrified of what he's going to say to me.

L x

Hey hun, I totally understand!! I tried losing two stone before seeing Heath again. I lost a stone and got stuck!! Have you thought about cutting out the snacks in-between, or having just fruit?? It's only two weeks and I bet that would really help.

Good luck!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm not very happy today!!! :cry:

According to both my scales *and* Wii Fit I currently weigh 17st 13lb (113.9kg)

At my last appointment with Mr Sufi, hospital scales weighed me at 18st 1lb (114.9kg)

Today I was weighed again at the thoracic clinic and those scales said I weigh 18st 2lb (115.6kg) :confused:

I know I definitely haven't gained 3lb overnight so I'm worried now that their scales are incorrect and it might have an impact on Mr Sufi's decision to operate :(

how did u get on twig? try not to worry about the difference in scales there all different.. ive worked out l&d scales r different from boots by about 4lb.. 4lb lighter at luton :) xx

First off Twiggie, stop panicing.. If you could lose weight you wouldn't need wls now would you? Just get your head down and get stuck into it......

Now let me tell you about fruit! Yes it's low in calories but its high in sugar. My OH went to the GP today and he told him not to snack on fruit because of the sugar content, instead to snack on green leafy stuff.....

Hope you get on okay, will be watching out for you xxx

ps, how was your weekend with the new love interest? What did you do in the end? Cinema or tourist?

Back