• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not losing weight

Yoyo-nomore

I'm still in a plateau .. boo.. hiss

I haven't lost any weight for a month now and have lost about half the weight others who had bypass at the same date as me give as their loss. Can't work out why or what I'm doing wrong... I eat a balanced diet of around 1000 calories a day max, exercise, work hard, take vitamins, drink lots ...

Really miffed ....

Just wanted to have a rant. Don't want to be the first person in history not to lose very much weight with a bypass...

yoyo
x

Didn't want to read and run.

I haven't had Op yet, but whats happening to you is my fear will happen to me when I have bypass.

Every diet I do other always lose more than me.
I'll be interested to see if anyone can suggest something to help you.

I am not a bypasser and I wonder if 1000 calories a day might be a little high?

I am a bander and I don't even manage that everyday.

Also are you getting plenty of protein each day?

Stalls can happen with any kind of WL regime, sometimes a change in foods can kick start metabolism.

Thanks guys. I'm trying to follow the diet sheets. Typical day is a weetabix and banana for breakfast, soemthing like half a boots shapers sandwich or half a jacket potatoe with salad for lunch ( or quite often have an M&S salad which has 140 cals), I might have a bag of rice cake snack a jacks, and something little for tea - - tonight I had 2 ryvitas with extra lite cheese and some grapes. Just water to drink ...

I will try and cut down the calories to 750 or similar and also try the protein thing out as it seems to be the general best pactice advice on this site... but to be fair the surgeon and dietician told me the protein thing was nonsense and that I had to learn to eat healthily.

Thanks for support.. Im just really bummed..... Feel like I'm going to be lardy for ever....

To end on a positive, I can thoroughly recommend the powerplate. I've never been so toned in my blubber ...

yoyo
x

Hi 1k calories? wow if only, i am lucky to manage 700/800 a day and i am just coming up to the end of my 6th month.

Looking at what you have i would say you need more protien in your diet, cut the bread out and obtain your carbs through veggies/fruit/beans ect. Having enough protien is vital to you losing weight safely, it is possible to have enough via your diet but its a struggle. If i was to do that i would not be eating veg/fruit as i would not have room in my pouch for them. I only have carbs once a day, this is usually in the form of a grained wholemeal toast with an egg, or via crispbread ie krug which is organic and has emmential cheese and pumpkin seeds in it to give me even more protien.

look up how much protien a day you are meant to have, and look at what you are having i bet there is a large shortfall, which will mean you losing muscle tone.

Hi

hhhhhhmmm after reading what you are having im thinking that your calorie intake maybe a little high and perhaps too much carbohydrates that is probably why you are maintaining your weight and not losing .

simply

carbs are stored energy and proteins are not.
So if u eat a diet high in carbs u store this in ur liver as glycogen (i think ) and if u dont burn it off it will turn to fat !!!

god i hope im not preaching and i hope it makes sense lol

So sounds like u are eating a balanced diet of carbs and proteins but are maintaining instead of losing so either increase your activity level
or
decrease your carbs and increase your proteins

make sure you are drinking plenty too

Hope this helps and soon u begin to lose again

Oh you as said above also need protein as it is essential for cell production and healing and muscle tone !!!

Helen
xxxxx

Last edited:
Back