• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling really disappointed

bikerlady

:( I had my band op on the 7th April with no fill, there first couple of weeks were great and I noticed the weight coming off, but it didnt take long before I was feeling hungry, I have now had 2 fills, (4ml total) the second one was on the 18th June but within a couple of weeks I was feeling hungry again and able to eat far more than expected. I dont weigh myself, except when I go for fills (rely on clothe size really) but I dont feel I have lost anything since my last fill.
I think my expectations may have been too great and reading other peoples success stories made me think the weight loss would be greater, Ive only gone down one size since I had the op :cry: I'm starting to feel very down about it. Has anyone else had a similar experience, I feel like this is yet another failure for me :cry::cry:

Hi, please don't worry, this is completely normal, it can take many adjustments to hit the spot. I've been through the same and I know how demoralising it is.
Have you booked your next appointment? I hope you get a better restriction with it xx

Hi Sarah, thanks so much, I hope your right hun, i really feel like im doing it all wrong, eating too much then worrying ive damaged my pouch. I put food on my plate and always think theres too much (tea plate size) but I never feel full up, I think I could actually eat more if I let myself. so it feels like it hasnt worked. I contacted my provider THG, I cant go for a fill until 6th August so a few more weeks yet. I know it doesnt happen over night, but at the moment it feels like when I went to all those diet clubs, hard work with poor results :-(

Thanks, I've spent the last couple of months in a similar situation to you and have put 1lb back on, however I had a fill last Thurs and boy can I feel a difference. Do you ever go on the main banders forum as there are others in similar situations and it's nice to have the support. x

Hello there

I was down hearted when I first had my band, had band put in and no fill during op ( surgeons preference) and when I went for my first fill my port had turned completely and ended up having corrections surgery and fills from then on, I had my op July last year and didnt have no restriction of any kind until the November so please believe me when I say I understand where ur coming from, since I have had proper restriction since November I have gone on to lose just over 6stone and have not needed another fill since my last one ( feb this year) , even though my journey started on a downer it has certainly shown me that not to give up hope. HTH Julie xx

When i go for fills, the nurse always shows me a chart of restriction.
Basically 6mls onwards is the restriction zone. She always says that everyone is different of course but for me it has been bang on.
4mls is quite low, so I expect you will get some restriction after your next fill.
You have done great, and well done for your scales willpower!

Dont be down, get onto your provider for a word with the dietician in the first instance to talk through your meals and then if you need it book in for another fill.

Why not post on the daily food and exercise thread for some ideas or some suggestions from the banders who post on it xx

Sorry you are feeling so bad at the moment but always try and remember why you took this huge step. I am sure the next fill will change things for you and the weight loss will kick in. Just stay positive for the next couple of weeks xx

I agree with all the useful posts here. I know my journey to the band is slightly different - and there are a few problems for me - but the biggest thing is to give it time. I have had 3 fills am 8 months out and now I know what it is all about in terms of restriction. I am sure when you have the next fill you will feel the difference. Keep the faith - it is working for you and will work long term. This is a marathon and not a sprint.

tranquil x

Thanks Julie, that certainly has given me hope, I just hope that in the mean time I wont cause any damage and can manage until my next fill. It certainly is a roller coaster ride, I hope there are more ups than downs :) x

Hi Karen, thanks for your comments, and congratulations on your loss so far, 50lb is brilliant. I really do hope the next fill will help. my last fill was only 1ml and it didn't seem to make a big difference.My scales will power is mainly down to the fact that they terrify me haha, also, I know that I will never fall within the correct weight zones for my height, what I mean is, when I was slim 10 top 12 bottom, I still weighed 11st, which is heavy for my height, but I was really happy at that size, so I dont tend to go by my weight, but it is a way to measure my progress, which is why I only get weighed at the fills. I know this is a long term solution and It will take time, but eating as much as I can scares me and is not what I expected. But I will try and be positive, thanks very much for your help xx

Hi Mazza, I havent tried the daily food and exercise thread yet, I dont get a lot of time on here, but I will try it and hopefully it will give me some good tips and ideas, thanks xx

Thanks majella, it is reassuring to here from you all, it helps to get me thinking positive, I am scared of over eating and causing damage, so the next few weeks will be hard, but i'll try to be positive and look further ahead, thanks again hunxx

Hi Tranquil,Thank you so much, your comments really have helped reassure me. Being on this site helps a lot. What you said about it being a marathon not a sprint really hit home, I need to be more patient. I just dont want to cause any damage whilst waiting for my next fill. I hope you dont mind me asking but how can a bypass fail, I have very little knowledge of that procedure, I had heard of people having a failed band and going for the bypass but not the other way? I hope the band is successful for you hun and you reach your goal, good luck and thanks again xxx

Hi Tranquil,Thank you so much, your comments really have helped reassure me. Being on this site helps a lot. What you said about it being a marathon not a sprint really hit home, I need to be more patient. I just dont want to cause any damage whilst waiting for my next fill. I hope you dont mind me asking but how can a bypass fail, I have very little knowledge of that procedure, I had heard of people having a failed band and going for the bypass but not the other way? I hope the band is successful for you hun and you reach your goal, good luck and thanks again xxx

Glad everyone's comments have reassured you. When they tried to do my bypass they found how my organs were positioned meant they did not have room to safely do the procedure - they tried but it was getting too dangerous and so they decided to give me a band to ensure I came out of the procedure with something. It left me very ill for a long time - but I have no regrets now. I have continued to suffer some problems from them trying but I hope those will sort themselves out in time . It has given me a new lease of life. It will take years to get down to a healthy weight but I am prepared for the long haul and enjoying the scenic route:).

tranquil x

Back