• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fill advice needed please?

Hi all

Had my first fill Tuesday had 3ml in and already had 1 in but I feel no difference is this Normal?
Can still eat as much maybe I'm over eating as I'm not recognising the feeling of restriction? What does restriction feel like?
I used to eat massive portions until I was ready to pop and have stopped this my portions are quarter the size but I expected to feel fuller sooner.
It's only my first day eating solids again maybe I've made poor food choices I don't know. The first 2 days of fluids only didn't bother me at all wasn't hungry and had milky coffees and 1 ww soup a day. Now im on solids and hungry. My hubby said I leave it too long between meals and he thinks I'm eating very little but I think it's a lot it's more than a small plate and I could eat more. To be fair I'm satisfied for hours after... Very confused
X

it can take a while after a fill to feel the difference, and often when you are eating band friendly foods. This is why a lot of providers have a minimum if a couple of weeks between fills.

Even if you are still hungry you need to stick to the portion size that your provider advises, ongoing overheating can lead to stretching the pouch above the band and can lead to band slippage issues so it's really important you stick to those guidelines.

But also and I speak from personal experience here it can take many fills to get to levels of restriction. My first fill kick started my hunger big time and I had my 2nd fill 2 weeks after the first.

Make good band friendly choices with food. The restriction should stop you feeling hungry or searching for food a good few hours after, bug you do need to watch those portion sizes because too much can do damage and cause issues with the band :)

I had a fill 8 days ago and this morning the difference has kicked it. Since the fill I have been feeling less hungry in between but not tight when eating. Today I am tight too and full up on a hot drink. Def give it time. But you may need more fills still anyway.

My fills were quite chunky for the first two. I had 1.75 in at surgery then 3ml in 1st fill and 2 in second fill. I really noticed it after second fill and delayed my 3rd fill by a few weeks. Last fill of 0.25 has made a difference and I am happy. I eat out socially once a week, I eat all foods including bread, rice, pasta and pizza (gluten free versions of everything) and as long as I chew well and eat small amounts about a mugful total of band friendly or half a mug of chunky carby or salady foods I feel great!

Thanks for your replies felt the difference tonight eating a pitta bread couldn't only manage half and wasn't big the last bite struggled to go down. They phoned this morning and the next fill is 6th November happy days x

Glad you're noticing a difference! As Top Kat has said, it can take a few fills to get restriction - I had none from my first fill and I don't really expect much difference after fill #2 last week. Would be nice if I got there so soon but I'm ok if I don't - I'm in this for the long haul lol!

Just 1 so far, had 1ml to start and 1st fill was 3 ml and my next fill is booked for 6th nov. Starting to feel it a little more now x

Glad you're feeling something - it is strange how it can take a while to settle down and how such a small amount can make such a difference. But because restriction and tightness can vary so much often following monthly cycles and things too, its worth waiting a while to see how or where it is so you then don't end up too tight :)

Well couldn't manage much of my jacket spud today so getting there. Im so pleased its working. I walked into my moms last night and she nearly fell over said i looked so different. She made me jump on the scales there and then. So she could see with her own eyes haha. Thing is I think the last 2 stone I put on went straight to my face chins neck and chest. They have been the first to come off too thank god.

Another little bit of advice i could do with some help on is this... strange request i know.

Work are arranging a meal and its a chinese. I was thinking of not going because would have no idea what to order. I haven't told anyone from work about the band. What would be ok to order? Or is my gut instinct correct and shall I make my excuses and not go? x

it can take varying amounts of fills to get restriction , feeling ill or emotional or totm can all affect your restriction as can time of day you will learn as you go. when I have Chinese I have soup as I couldn't eat noodles or rice or most meats and just say your feeling delicate so having something light

Work are arranging a meal and its a chinese. I was thinking of not going because would have no idea what to order. I haven't told anyone from work about the band. What would be ok to order? Or is my gut instinct correct and shall I make my excuses and not go? x

If you're tolerating food ok, do you eat duck? If so you could have shredded crispy duck with the pancakes, cucumber etc a few prawn crackers (but high fat content)

Or soft noodles? As in chow mein but you'd need to chew them well cos they can get stuck.

Stir fried vegetables would be ok if you tolerate vegetables ok, you could have something such as chicken in pineapple or chicken and cashew just as it comes with a sauce. Some people are allowed to eat rice - if you are and do and can you could just have a bowl of special fried rice? :)

Top Kat have another question for you.

What do you typically eat a day? Just looking for some inspiration xx

I'm heading out for a walk and then have running club, but if will come back and give you some ideas of what fills my days - bearing in mind I limit carbs and don't tend to have more than 70-80g but have minimum of 70g protein, also the fact that until now I've not had restriction so my portion sizes have been quite large.

Since my last fill tho, this has changed somewhat and I'm also not able yo eat all foods like I could before. But will come back to this :)

The great thing about Chinese and other sharing foods is that nobody has much in their bowls or on their plates at a time so it is unlikely that anyone will notice how much or how little you have eaten. Also chopsticks are great for taking small bits of food at a time. Try to stick to mainly proteins and again nobody will notice that you haven't eaten much rice. Have a nice time!

Back