• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling ill six months after the op

callysplace

Well always thought I had been one of the lucky ones to never have had a episode of dumping, but here I am six months after the op and I have had my first taste of it, and it aint nice!
Had a great night at my brothers birthday bash, one vodka and orange, one small slice of pizza and felt fine, my mum offered me a tiny square of chocolate brownie just for a taste and five minutes later my heart started to race I felt sick and dizzy and have just spent last two hours layed down in a darkened room, only now feeling human again. Im suprised as chocolate/sugar has never had this effect on me before.

So lesson to be learned here I think, the dreaded dumping can creep up on you any time any where, no one is safe :sigh: Just a bit worried if this is going to be a regular thing now, fingers crossed its just this one episode, rest assured Im keeping well away from dominos in the future lol.

Sorry to hear this Caroline, perhaps it was the combination of high fat from the Pizza AND the sugar from the brownie. You might have been alright having one or the other but not both.

Here's hoping that it doesn't happen again.

Yep you are probably right, although I can think of occasions where I have eaten worse than tonight, rest assured that combination is not been tried again :D

sorry to hear u have been unwell, the alcohol is hidden sugars with that and the browny thats maybe whats caused the dumping.
i hope you feel better soon
liz x

I too have experienced exactly the same. have been fine with certain things and then had them at other times and had that horrible feeling. it really does put you off eating socially!!!

as for the alcohol well we all know that Caroline is the queen of booze def couldn't be that!!! LOL

hope you feel ok x

don't forget pizza dough is simple carbs which are broken down into sugars very quickly, so you've got sugars from the pizza, the orange juice (high in natural sugars) and the brownies, which combined together was probably just too much.

Glad you're feeling better now, dumping isn't nice, but the experience helped me eat better since!

as for the alcohol well we all know that Caroline is the queen of booze def couldn't be that!!! LOL

hope you feel ok x

Queen of the booze, I have been refered to as worse :giggle: feeling fine today hun thank you!!!
On even stranger note, my cat trevor who left home three years ago turned back up on my doorstep tonight, and is now been a total pain by laying on my lap while Im trying to type. Have asked him repeatedly where he has been, he looks at me with such a smug look on his face lol

Hey hun
Glad to see your feeling better, must admit I read the thread earlier but half laughed about the "have you drunk before question" (no offence intended but I know you well enough to know it wasn't that lol).

xxx

don't forget pizza dough is simple carbs which are broken down into sugars very quickly, so you've got sugars from the pizza, the orange juice (high in natural sugars) and the brownies, which combined together was probably just too much.

Glad you're feeling better now, dumping isn't nice, but the experience helped me eat better since!

was having a think about this, I know I have been fine with pizza and vodka in the past but the orange juice and brownie are things that I have had for the first time. I bake my own cakes so I know exactly whats put into them but this brownie was an unknown source! have checked with my brother and It wasnt pure orange juice, so Im putting this episode down to that combination, will have to be more careful in the future!! I do not want to have the racing heart again :(

lol hes been out on the tiles i bet theres a few kittens hes made in 3 years lol:eek:

Hey hun
Glad to see your feeling better, must admit I read the thread earlier but half laughed about the "have you drunk before question" (no offence intended but I know you well enough to know it wasn't that lol).

xxx

what me drink never:whistle: I liked that one as well, at least not everyone on here thinks Im a raving drunk lol :D

lol hes been out on the tiles i bet theres a few kittens hes made in 3 years lol:eek:

I had him to the vets when he was a year old, shortly after he toddled off on his travels. I think he has finaly decided to forgive me.
After this little episode I would be afraid to send anyone for a vasectomy lol :D

what me drink never:whistle: I liked that one as well, at least not everyone on here thinks Im a raving drunk lol :D

Guess they dont really know you do they !

Curious to know, had you been eating that day ? if not or you hadn't had much, could it have been you'd dumped a load of high carb sugar laided food on your stomach without having anything else in there ?

R

Guess they dont really know you do they !

Curious to know, had you been eating that day ? if not or you hadn't had much, could it have been you'd dumped a load of high carb sugar laided food on your stomach without having anything else in there ?

R

well I didmt eat twenty bacon sarnies11

well I didmt eat twenty bacon sarnies11

Maybe you needed to dump to set you back on the straight and narrow ? you have after all been acting a naughty girl recently haven't you ! what with the chocolate and excessive alcohol comsumption ;) next thing you'll be complaining about a furry tongue like cowgirl ! Lol :D

OOOh hes a hard man!! but shame on yr mother for bringing the brownies. Hope you are all recovered and taking it easy.

OOOh hes a hard man!! but shame on yr mother for bringing the brownies. Hope you are all recovered and taking it easy.

Oh yes HC very hard :D

I like brownies too, far nicer than a cub, though i dont think i could eat a whole one ! lol :D

Last edited:
Back