• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Six months post op 22nd December

judi2302

Hi
I don't post on here very often but just wanted to let everyone know. I had my 6 months post op check up on Friday and I have lost SIX stones. This from the woman who only ever managed to lose a stone and then gain two, this is a whole new experience.

At last I feel like me now. Today I walked in the deep snow, last year I would'nt have ventured out too scared incase I fell over and no one would be able to pick me up. I have gone from a size 26/28 to a 20 and I am loving life again.

No more wanting to stay in all the time. I'll go out anytime anyone asks me LOL.

Anyone waiting to have a bypass you have a big change for the better ahead of you.

Its the little things that make the difference, when I lie in bed theres space around me. When I drive the car my stomach doesn't touch the steering wheel. In work I can fit between the desks to open the window blinds where before I had to wait for someone else to do it.

What little things have you have noticed that has made you say YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH look what I can do?:D:D:D

Reactions: Bev
I get in the bath without having to 'dolphin flip' the hot water so it goes round the back where it is going colder...

Seatbelt again in the car, there's no gut hanging over it.. But the most exciting thing is going on the train and being able to pull the tray down and put my drink on it without it going anywhere near my tum....

Walking 1.5 miles to work tomorrow in the snow? 6 months ago that walk would have horrified me, now i'm like 'bring it on'..... I'm signed up for a 5 mile work with workmates and have no worries that i won't make it or be knackered at the end of it!

I love my bypass, bring on the cup of life :) xx

Congratulations!

Back