• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling low

helenback

ok, so today is only my 5th day on the pre op diet and i'm feeling very sorry for myself. I don't think it helps that the house is full of food.....lots of food that i can't eat. I just feel a bit low today and i am now beginning to doubt myself....if i struggle so much on the pre op diet how on earth will i cope post op? i have never had doubts about the op before but now i wonder if i am strong enough. Can anybody relate to this? x

Yes yes and yes! Stick with it..you are doing this at the hardest time of the year so good on you!!!! pre op diet is much more restricted than post op diet....just keep thinking of the end result x

Awh Helen what an awful time to be on preop. My heart goes out to you. You should be proud of yourself for doing the 5 days so far. If you got this far you can do the rest, it will be worth it xx

Stick with hun. Post op isn't that bad as you can at least start to get different flavours. Get that liver to shrink then this time next year it will be your whole body that has shrunk. Keep thinking if the bigger with a smaller you :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Keep going! The food will still be there after surgery and one day you'll be able to enjoy it like everyone else! You'll look back on this and feel so proud you stuck with it. Stay strong and it will pay off.

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I was starving on the pre op diet, far harder than post op. Don't forget, the hunger goes post op and you have a tool that only allows you to consume very small amounts, pre op you have the constant hunger and a very strict diet with no tool to help you. You will be fine after, it's much easier. xx

ok, so today is only my 5th day on the pre op diet and i'm feeling very sorry for myself. I don't think it helps that the house is full of food.....lots of food that i can't eat. I just feel a bit low today and i am now beginning to doubt myself....if i struggle so much on the pre op diet how on earth will i cope post op? i have never had doubts about the op before but now i wonder if i am strong enough. Can anybody relate to this? x
try to keep strong thinking of you x

keep strong try and keep busy come on here and rant away anthing to keep your mind off things
it will be worth it

Aw ur doin great hun good luck n well dun x

thank you all so much it really does help to be able to rant to people who i know understand. had a bit of retail therapy this afternoon, buying stuff for hospital. feeling a lot better again now x

thank you all so much it really does help to be able to rant to people who i know understand. had a bit of retail therapy this afternoon, buying stuff for hospital. feeling a lot better again now x

I was just reading through a whole heap of notes:eek::eek::eek::eek:, thinking that I need to d a list :) - I've got pj's and nighties and some leggings and loose fitting tops and uggs to travel there and back :flirt2::)

Helen I am starting my pre-op on 2nd Jan, so not too far behind you, I will be following Cambridge Plan - its so easy & I can live with the hunger pangs initially! My trouble is that when I am not 'dieting' my food relationship is totally unacceptable, thats why I chose to be NOMOREyoyo??
Come here to rant and get support, there's always someone to give support or is going through what you are at the same time which helps xxxxxx

You can't beat a bit or retail therapy!!

I may start buying stuff for hospital soon. My op should be in the next 3 months, but could get a cancellation appointment. FuturePerfect was given 10 days notice at the same hospital :D

Really glad you feel a little better. Getting through Xmas on the pre op should be something you are dead proud of! Well done lovely xxx

you can do it un keep smiling x

Thank you everyone for your comments. I'm back on an even keel today and feeling much more positive. x

your doing well hun, dont give up!! xx

keep in there you can do it un x

Keep your focus hun it will be over soon (((((hugs )))))
Im drooling over the smellys i had for xmas they take my mind of food and cheer me up big time.
Few more days and you will have done the hard bit xxx

Back