• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Six days to go - but feeling low!

newday

I everyone.

I have six days left of the pre-op diet. I am feeling so drained and weak. I'm excited about my new life post Wednesday but for right now I'm feeling a bit low and i think its because of the diet. I know I'm going to keep at it as the end goal is in sight and I would never jeopardise all the hard work and waiting but just wondered if anyone was experiencing this frustrating stage? Are you experiencing it now? What did you do to get through it? :-/
Xx

Hi Newday sorry your feeling low and i would guess its the diet pre op sounds real hard to do for so long keep your chin up girl not long now to a new beginning thinking of you

Just keep going, take an hour at a time and it will pass. It's hard but 100% worth it. This time next year, you'll be stones lighter and happy you stuck with it.

Anna xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hay!!! I experienced this was very emotional weak tired and fed up!! It does pass think its everything going on, lack of food anxiety!! All contributing factors!!! I promise stuck with it will get better much love xxxx

I remember it well. The anticipation, the emotion, the nerves, the unknown...all mixed together with feeling so weak from only having milk made me feel a wreck. I found it really brought my feelings to the surface, it is a challenging time but think about the fact you never have to "diet" like this again without the support of your bypass. At the moment it's all alone and you are managing! Your attitude to not give up is what will get you through and you will probably find moments where you mood really lifts over the coming week. Best of luck. It really will go quickly now I promise. I've lost 2 stone in 5 weeks since my op so I'd say it's worth it :) x

I was bad the week before but I am now over a week after and I feel fine, just keep your eye on the prize!!!

I was struggling yesterday, my stomach was really hurting the taste in my mouth was disgusting and I was very very tired, I kept myself busy all day to keep my mind of it, dont feel too bad today as yet and I have my grandson to look after today so thats going to help. Im definately counting down cant wait to get this part over and in one week I will be on the recovery ward! that keeps me going. Good luck for the last few days xx

good luck i wish i was at the same stage as you but im sure it wont feel too long till you're changing your status to "post op" yeah !! keep us updated xxxxxxx

You guys are TRULY a blessing! I had my pre-op assessment today and had a word with the dietician. While waiting for the dietician I was finally able to read all the posts on the forum. I got a bit emotional. But it helped. I was able to be open and honest with the dietician about how I was feeling. She was really helpful and encouraging. I told her how vital the forum was on my journey.
My pre-op assessment went well. They asked a book of questions, took my weight and height once again, took an ECG test, and MRSA swab. The MRSA Swab was unexpected. They stick a huge ear bud up each nostril and then swab your groin!!!! I then had to go and donate another bottle of blood for testing. So far so good.
Due to my diabetes they have brought my admission date a day earlier. I read the replies on the forum once again and reflected on the whole journey. I'm talking the WHOLE JOURNEY from the age of 7 when I was a heavy child in primary school. Kids can be so mean.
So, I walked out the hospital with my head held very high looking forward, shoulders back, a big exhale of breath and half a smile on my face knowing that I have defo made the right the decision. There is no turning back. I'm about to change my life forever. I'm tired, emotional, wishing the pre-op weight would shift a little more and a lot faster but so what!!!!! This time next week it will be a new me! Woooohoooo!!!!!
Thanks again every single one of my WLS family. I Promise to keep u posted from the hospital bed if need be! Xxxx

Absolutely hold you head high! You are doing it now, you have making those important steps to a new you and you have the right to feel good about that. Hold on to your positivity and how much you want this, It will get you through the rest of your pre op and help you recover quickly :) x

You keep that chin pointed to the sky not long now am so excited for you

I'm sooo excited right now! Lol. This emotional sea-saw thing on the pre-op diet is hard work. Lol. Starting to prepare for my return home from hospital. Can't believe I've got 3 days until I'm admitted. Not long now.....xx

newday said:
I'm sooo excited right now! Lol. This emotional sea-saw thing on the pre-op diet is hard work. Lol. Starting to prepare for my return home from hospital. Can't believe I've got 3 days until I'm admitted. Not long now.....xx

Good luck I've got knee replacement in 4 days

Oh no! Hope all goes well for your op Mecca. I'm guessing the weight caused the problems with your knee? I'm loving your photo. A great inspiration! Xx

newday said:
Oh no! Hope all goes well for your op Mecca. I'm guessing the weight caused the problems with your knee? I'm loving your photo. A great inspiration! Xx

The other way round knee caused the weight I was 12 stone at the time when I was 19 a drunk driver ran into me broke a bone back of knee could repair .

image-3132062076.jpg

26 years ago suffered ever since .the weight made it worse but hopefully should sorted soon .good luck again hope every goes well for you It worth it

Mecca123 said:
The other way round knee caused the weight I was 12 stone at the time when I was 19 a drunk driver ran into me broke a bone back of knee could repair .

26 years ago suffered ever since .the weight made it worse but hopefully should sorted soon .good luck again hope every goes well for you It worth it

Blimey!!!! Was the driver prosecuted and sentenced to serve time? X

Back