• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling much better

dazali

:) :thankyou:
hi everyone feeling much better now felt like rubbish the other day must of picked up that winter bug that is going round. I did really well and i came home on tuesday night even though i was told i was suppose to stay in till wed but mr ammori said i was fine to go home as my husband was there to take care of me. I was 5 hours in theatre so didnt go so brill and i was in a lot of pain when they woke me up from the anastetic it was due to the very strong meds i take for my back so it took them nearly 2 hours to get my pain under control but not had that much pain since .
It does feel really strange that you do feel a little hungry i never thought i would feel like that i understand now nicole how you felt needing to go for a wee when you woke up i was the same and i couldnt so they had to put a caffiter in it was comical really we where all laughing about it when i was in recovery but i been fine since .
Anyway i am on the other side of it all now and i would like to thank you all for your well wishing plus my husband has found it very good as well to speak to you it has put his mind at rest about a lot of things and also he has been fantastic i havent had to do anything he has done my meds and everything dont know what i would of done without him.

:talk017: thanks everyone
xx alison xx :D

hi alison, im glad your feeling much better hun. its so nice that you have a supportive husband, it sounds like 2009 is going to be a great year for you, keep us updated on how you progress.

liz x

:)
hi i do find it strange that i feel hungry did everyone feel the same and that i have loads of energy i was told i would feel quit poorly for the first week and in pain and i am not i just feel the same i am sure he has not done it he must of just punctured 5 holes in me and said that is it i sound mad dont i has anyone else felt the same my husband has been great in fact i think he is enjoying himself he has wrote down every single thing i have had down to the last ml of liquid everyday and i think he loves seeing me suffer with my meds and we have had so much laughter about the injections has he has been doing them and he hates needles and counts to pluck the courage up to do it they are all done now had my last one today so that is one less thing for him to worry about xx alison xx:8855:

daza for me the problem is i am asthmatic and the congestion makes me feel full while the coughing means i am in some pain. Early days yet. I am so lucky as Jonah knows all about needles and will be administering mine for me i do not have to face inserting them on my own phew

i am asthmatic to and all the congestion clears pretty quick and you should soon start feeling better i was a little tender till 2 days ago but it passed pretty quick do you feel in a lot of pain have they put you on pain killers and do they help you
alison xx

Hi Dazali, glad to hear you are feeling better, good luck with your weightloss and will look forward to reading about your progress. x

Alison i am on co-codamol 4 tmes a day and yes they help a LOT in fact are stronger then what i was on in hospital

ROFL jonah keeps sending me messages say mmmm green stockings

Glad to hear that you're doing so well ali:D:D

Hi Ali. Happy to hear you are doing well. Glad to hear you have energy, that is just great. Not everyone is that lucky. I was really tired my first week. Didn't feel hungry tho, but I also followed my diet sheets to the letter and ate 6x a day (soup, yogurt, build-up shakes, hot choc, ovaltine, milk, milky tea, sugar-free jellies, ice lollies). I spaced my meals about once every 2 hours & made sure not to drink water for a half hour after I ate. If you are managing that, then you probably won't feel hungry unless it is head hunger which I think everyone struggles with, when you think it head hunger try upping your water intake. You will feel 'full' for at least 15-20 minutes just from water.

Take care hun.
Nic;)

Hi Ali. Happy to hear you are doing well. Glad to hear you have energy, that is just great. Not everyone is that lucky. I was really tired my first week. Didn't feel hungry tho, but I also followed my diet sheets to the letter and ate 6x a day (soup, yogurt, build-up shakes, hot choc, ovaltine, milk, milky tea, sugar-free jellies, ice lollies). I spaced my meals about once every 2 hours & made sure not to drink water for a half hour after I ate. If you are managing that, then you probably won't feel hungry unless it is head hunger which I think everyone struggles with, when you think it head hunger try upping your water intake. You will feel 'full' for at least 15-20 minutes just from water.

Take care hun.
Nic;)

i have been given the british obesity surgery patient association guidelines for post op eating by my surgeon and week 1 is...free fluids...water, tea, coffee (use sweetners rather than sugar), herb/fruit teas, skimmed milk, low cal fruit squashes, fruit juices, consomme, boullion, thin soup, sugar free jelly....so thats what i shall be doing x

Yep, absolutely follow the instructions given to you. Ali & I had the same surgeon at the same hospital so I know he gave her the same instructions I was given. But anyone reading this should be advised to take the direction of their surgeon/bariatric team over anything other people suggest!!

Back