• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling much better at last

charliegirl

Well today has been my best day so far, no headache (thank god), no sickness, still tired but unable to nap for some reason no matter how many times I lay down I just cant nod off, end up going to bed really early and waking in the early hours for a few hours. Just been out to the shop, second time of driving and have to say this time felt much better than when I was forced to drive on thursday. Craving curry sauce like mad and I have all sorts of concoctions that I am able to puree....but no matter what they say once it hits the blender it does not taste nice lol....hope everyone is having a good a day as possible and anyone out there feeling down chin up you will get through it I promise....xx

Lol i did the craving bit the things i wanted were things id not thought of in years lol

Glad your feeling better and just goes to show one day we feel like cr"p and think we will never feel better the next we wonder what the fuss was about xx

Glad your feeling better Linda ,take it easy and have plenty of rest.

Di xxx

Thanks plus I went to the shop before and put my jeans on and managed to fasten the top button a small step but I walked through that store like I was a million dollars, its just good to know that its going in the right direction, I have to say I feel so good today long may it last....xx

Hi Linda, glad your feeling better today. I see u didn`t get to the meet, never mind u your rest is more important. I couldn`t go cos my husbands been working so I`ve had the kids to occupy lol. I`m sure we`ll hear all about it soon. Make sure u get your feet up x factor starts in a bit lol xxx

Great news that you are feeling well. Not sure how to deal with the curry sauce but doubtless Shel or PG will be along with a menu suggestion soon

Keep on its all 'down' from here

M

hi linda pleased you feeling better today well done with the weight loss

liz x

Linda glad your feeling better today and have managed to get out but should you be driving? All the info i have read has said 10 days minimum and than to still check with your insurance company. If you were to have an accident or needed to do an emergency stop you could do some damage or find yourself not covered.

Sometimes HC needs must when the devil drives, I have no one who will go to the shops for me except a 75 year old neighbour that can hardly walk. I would of been able to do an emergency stop without problem......I am asking nothing of either of my kids so am getting used to doing it all myself lol...x

Even so linda if you (god forbid) caused an accident you may not be covered so its on the other poor soles insurance to pay for something they are not responciable for. I have had no one to do my shopping but have had to use taxis and public transport. I know its only a few days before your legal but better safe than sorry
Hc

Glad you're feeling better :)

If you're craving curry make some curried butternut squash soup. Nomnomnom. Can dig out a recipe if you fancy it.

Hi Linda

So pleased youre feeling well, its all downhill from now on!

About the curry sauce cravings. Get some low fat curry sauce and mix it with a little mash. It'll give you the taste and stop your craving for it, it worked for me. I had a little doo last night and done nibbles for everyone, I cooked 2 bagettes of garlic bread and that was the worst thing I cooked, I love garlic bread and just wanted to pick a bit up and lick it but I didnt! I bought some garlic ketchup and curry ketchup in asda the other day so i can mix them with things or just dip a little bit of mashed veg it them as I am craving strong tastes since the op. You've just got to try these things to see if they work for you because the mushy stage can be very bland and boring can't it!!

Lots of love
Ginaxxx

Hi Gina yes it can be bland and boring at this stage but thanks for the helpful tips, I was mixing HP sauce into mash yesterday just to get a kick of something..I keep thinking of all the times I ate food without really bothering to taste it, maybe if I had taken more time it would not of got to this stage, it was a case of more in the better.....at least now I am experiencing new flavours allbeit only a few mouthfuls...xx

Hi linda, isn't it funny how our tastebuds change as i've always had a sweet tooth, but since the op, which was only three days ago i am really struggling with sweet things, all i fancy is savoury, which is quite difficult when you are on fluids only but still i'm not complaining because its the sweet stuff thats caused my weight problems anyway

I know what you mean, its easy to have yoghurts etc but I just dont want them....I have just had a few spoons of very mushy peas with some mint sauce on and it was delicious really hit the spot...had to cave in and take the anti sickness tablets dispite them not being soluable they are only small but cut it in half. Will get the soluable ones tomorrow I hate feeling sick.....:(....xx

Hiya Linda, glad to hear your feeling a little bit better.

Ive posted this receipe before but just incase you missed it.......

its for curried parsnip soup its quite thick and it might not sound that nice but its lovely and def hits the spot for spicy food.

Cook chopped onions in 1 tablespoon of med curry powder add 3 chopped parsnips and 1 potato. Add veg stock and cook for 30 mins till soft then blend.

It's the best got me through my 2 weeks liquid stage and Im still having now a few times a week.

Dee x

Back