• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling nauseous

Change4life

Hi I wonder if anyone has any suggestions please. I am just over 3 months post op. So far I have lost just over 6 stone and everything has been fine. However in the last 3 weeks I have been experiencing feelings of nausea after my breakfast and dinner but lunch time is fine. The feelings last for one to two hours. I take my lanzoprazol first thing at least 30 mins before eating. Has anyone any suggestions please?

Watching with interest as I too get a nausea feeling, I am 3 months done too.

I also get an empty stomach feeling/taste when I drink plain water too.

Hopefully someone will answer us :)

I get this too and im 3 months post op, would love it to stop!

Hi all...
In the first year of my bypass I was sick a lot,so I had to go to the doctors for anti sickness medication.
They helped a lot,it's hard in the early days it's hit and miss with foods agreeing with you.
One day they can be fine,next time not.
It's trial and error....I always found ice lollies(cold) things helped with my sickness.

I would just double check ladies you're not eating too quickly and you're leaving enough time between meals and drinks.

I would just double check ladies you're not eating too quickly and you're leaving enough time between meals and drinks.

Yes a few bouts of hiccups have taught me to slow down, I do struggle with holding back on drinking too early but my sicky feeling comes before I eat not after....... a cup of tea (that I detested pre op) usually settles the feeling

Are you leaving too long between meals? You should be aiming to eat every 3 hours.

Thanks for the suggestions, im on anti sickness tablets too so they help take the edge off.

I guess it is just hit and miss as my body is adjusting, I imagine some people react more than others to certain foods maybe? I have no idea but im following all the rules so il just have to grin and bear it and hope it settles down over time.

Back