• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling nauseous

lucyh

I'm 3 and a half weeks post op. For the first 3 weeks I was on liquids - had soup, slimfast, shakes etc and felt fine. On Monday I started on pureed food and have started to feel nauseous - haven't actually been sick. Monday morning I had a little milky porridge as instructed. Followed it up with CG tomato soup and could only manage a few spoonfuls before feeling very nauseous. Had some mash in the evening - OK. Yesterday had half a slimfast for lunch (was out so needed something portable) and felt sick again. OK in the evening but realised only had about 450 cals all day. Today had porridge, then large latte for lunch. Have just had mashed potato and cauliflower with pureed prawn and a little gravy. Feel ill again. Any suggestions?

Aww Bless, I do hope you will feel better very soon.

I had a couple of sickly weeks, similar to your description and I left off milk for a few days and then re introduced it again and I have been fine... I wonder if the soup and milk don't always sit together and I was also ready to be moving forward onto some other stages of food...

Good luck and here for you.... keep going and working, learning about your new pouch and I hope like me, it will ease for you.

Love and hugs xxx

Hi Lucy - sorry to hear you're feeling icky - I find I get nauseaus when I rush food/liquids - try and give yourself at least 30/45 mins at meals times - chew as much as poss - not the fluids obviously but you can practice on the mash - chewing slows things down and will get you in a nice habit for the next stage....

Hope this helps - good luck xx

The only thing I would say is to try and eat and drink really slowly...if it carries on though I would speak to your gp and try and get some tablets (anti-sickness) Hope you feel better soon XX

Babe, I feel your pain cos exactly the same thing happened to me when I started on purees and I was sick most days for the next 3 months...sorry, guess you didn't want to hear that really.
But, it did get better....
Eat really slowly, chew carefully, don't talk when eating, sit up straight, don't eat and drink at the same time...can't think of anything else right now.
Take it easy hun x

Lucy, keep using a small spoon or utensil... I have to put mine down to stop myself from racing ahead with eating... and I keep slowing my drinking down too... plus I try to stand after eating. Keep us posted Angel.

Love and hugs xxx

Thanks everyone - that's really helpful. Will try and slow things right down. Not sure how I'll manage 30-45 mins for lunch at work. We only get half an hour and you've got to do everything else in that time i.e. lunchtime errands, go to loo etc etc! Sorry forgot to make it clear milky porridge was 4 hours before soup - not together!!

Hi hunny so sorry your not feeling well I was sick for my first three weeks after my 1 month post op I felt so much better. My doctor told me I was eating to fast or to much at one time. A good way that made me eat slower was that every bite that I took I would put my spoon down and watch the clock take my next bite after about 1 minute or two it helped a lot. I also only have a half hour lunch at work so I know this might not be the best but I drink (sip slowly) water till right befor my break so I'm already full and I just eat some soup and if I have to run errands I take a string cheese with me and eat that. Its good protein also I get mixxed nuts and eat them while I'm working I can only eat about 2 teaspoons but that as well is protein. I wish you luck babe. Fell better soon {{hugs}}

Back