• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling really disappointed

bikerlady

:cry: I had my band op on the 7th April with no fill, there first couple of weeks were great and I noticed the weight coming off, but it didnt take long before I was feeling hungry, I have now had 2 fills, (4ml total) the second one was on the 18th June but within a couple of weeks I was feeling hungry again and able to eat far more than expected. I dont weigh myself, except when I go for fills (rely on clothe size really) but I dont feel I have lost anything since my last fill.
I think my expectations may have been too great and reading other peoples success stories made me think the weight loss would be greater, Ive only gone down one size since I had the op I'm starting to feel very down about it. Has anyone else had a similar experience, I feel like this is yet another failure for me :cry:

Hi BL,

What you are going through sounds absolutely normal to me. 1lb a week is very reasonable with a band and read through the posts and you will see that many people take 5 plus fills to get restriction. Only yesterday i was with my provider and 'average' states about 7ml in a band for restriction but everyone is different.
Are you being an angel 100% of the time? are you living to 'the rules'.
Whenever i start to feel like you do now, i take a look at myself and my eating / exercise habits and make a small tweek and see if it helps. A big help is always going on you tube and looking at videos from sucessful banders and listening to the good advice on here, you will learn about your band every single day.
At the end of the day, looking at the bigger picture, you are loosing weight with the band. Where would you be if you didnt have it done?
Keep going girlie, its a unique journey to you x

same as. had 2 fill but got third on tues. am SOOO hungry,....although portion sizes aresnt that big now as can feel restriction when i eat but get hungry quick

same as. had 2 fill but got third on tues. am SOOO hungry,....although portion sizes aresnt that big now as can feel restriction when i eat but get hungry quick

Hello , Hope u don't me saying, if ur feeling the restriction but just getting hungrier quicker, perhaps you need foods that keep u fuller for longer rather then another fill??? Hope u didn't mind me saying just thinking out loud and trying to offer advice xxx

thanks Tam, your absolutely right, i do need to look at what Im eating too. You are doing brilliantly hun, i know for sure I havent lost sinse my last weigh in, but saying that, ive also been on holiday twice too, so the eating and drinking wasnt as good as I am when I am at home. I just really want this to work, feels like my last chance :-( xx

Thanks Magic, Its not as easy as some people might think hey hun, but your weight loss is brilliant, you must be feeling great, well done. xxx

BL i think we all go through a period of feeling as you are feeling i stayed the same for about 6 weeks after my first fill and just kept thinking omg what if this is not going to work for!! as long as your following the rules and eating the right things you will be fine give it time...we all just have to find what works for us and what doesn't for me its calorie counting i am bordering on obsessed with it lol and hope i won't have to calorie count forever but its working for me right now good luck play around see what works for you the weight will start to move don't get disheartened x:)

Back