• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling really down in the dumps

BUGS BUNNY

I am really, really down in the dumps last few days, and having no weight loss for 5 weeks nearly isnt helping! I know the other day I posted a 6lbs loss over nite, and then the very next day it was all back on , not sure why because I dont drink, eat healthily and it just doesnt make no sense wot so ever. Tbh I am fed up of putting 110% into dieting and never seeing the results, I dont cheat at all , I have no hormonal problems , thyroid probs etc. all have been checked out and even the doctor cannot explain as to why I not losing the weight ! ! And beginning to think "why should I bother" , when certain friends I know constantly eat what they like (also overweight) and I been trying my damn bl**dy hardest, I feel like throwing the towel in:sigh:, no matter wot I do, diet, exercise, drinking plenty of fluid, you name it I tried it , nothing is working. I have not managed to lose a single bl**dy pound in 8 weeks. sorry gals/guys I dont mean to bring forum down today , but I am at the end of my tether:cry:, I just dont know wot else to do / try. I guess I am more pee'd off because I been sticking to it 100% and no I have not cheated and have not achieved no weight loss. I been given an appointment for dietician for wls, awaiting an appointment,already seeing one at another hospital, now I have received a 3rd for another clinic, :sigh:. Anyway thanks for reading my post today, I wasnt sure if to write anything today but am feeling so low, thought this may help:rolleyes:

shell

I am really sorry you are feeling so sad and upset bugs and I truly understand why. Maybe you're body is in starvation mode, maybe you are not eating enough, or enough variety of foods. sometimes when you are dieting the body needs a change of foods to kick start it back into weight loss mode.
Also this losing 6lbs overnight I think that was probably internal fluid balance which is why when you drink fluids and eat your diet food it seemed to 'go back on' as is unlikely you would lose that amount so quickly.
I think it will be good to chat to the weight loss team you are going to see and ask their advice on a diet change to kick start your metabolism again. As always adding more protein might help bugs.
Hope you feel better with yourself soon. BIG HUGS xxxxx

Jay

omg Shell.. thought I was readin my diary from bout 3 years ago for a minute when read your post hun..

At the end of the day, sod what others are doing - you're trying.. thats the difference.. and not to sound daft but if you stress out.. your brain works differently and your body gets flooded with nasty horrible hormones and things change.. try and remember - you're doing something to help yourself before your wls journey begins..

You should be proud of any loss.. whether its half a pound or 5lb.. any loss - is a loss.. everybody is different and loss will be different throughout the month too.. TOTM is a horrid time, you get weighed and think 'yayyyy.. its coming off' then maybe 3 days later you get weighed and omg.. its back and then some.. and crash - down comes your confidence at being able to do this.. then it sinks in.. your TOTM is here/on the way.. just remember to try and not splurge while you are having your TOTM - just means more to shift afterwards..

if you are eating regularly and not snacking, doing a little exercise every day is fine.. then it will start to shift.. trying not to stress will help.. making sure you dont go too long between a meal as well else body thinks you're not eating again that day - and when you do eat - it has hit 'starvation mode' - and stores everything.. so eat either when you feel tummy rumbling or 4hrs between - dependant on what you ate last and portion size too.. that will help and nothing after 9pm - or 9.30 depending on when you normally go to bed.. as anything ate after then - cant get digested properly so sits in your stomach and ends up assssssss.... FAT!

please dont think am trying to tell you how to suck eggs or anything, am sure you're aware of most of it.. but I also felt exactly how you did.. and to be honest.. stressing made me not want to eat - so I didnt and wahey.. my weight increased (at my heaviest - I was 5st 10lb :( - look at me now.. )

if you ever want to chat - send me a message, I'll reply.. we're all here for you hun..

:grouphugg:

Hi Shell i am sorry you are feeling so down hun and i am sure so many of us can relate to how you are feeling now but pls dont give up, there has to be a reason why the weight is not coming off and if you are eating the right foods and drinking enough and exercising then there could be a medical reason why.
Hun could you let me know how many cals you are eating a day, how many litres of water and if poss a rough menu for a day then maybe someone could offer some advice.
Take care hun and pls remember we are all around if you want to chat as we all understand what you are going through and are here to support each other.
Take care and chat soon luv Roch xxx

Last edited:
Thanks 2 everyone who posted on my thread, regarding to last thread,i will have to get the doctor to investigate as I have had thyroid, hormones checked etc. cant think of nothing else medically what could be causing so little (or no) weight loss as I sed before I been tested for thyroid, hormones, pcos, and abnormality with regards to any causes and nothing had come up , doc said it was all clear, so from prospective am not sure where I go from here, because I feel like I am not being believed (doc / dietician) as they cannot see why the weight is not coming off...........

shell

(((HUGS))) I can relate to how you feel. I hope the doctor can help you out. My friend had similar issues and she did have a hormone imbalance that made it so much harder for her to lose weight.

Back