• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

a bit worried

pinkladyMK

chatterbox!!
hi all
i have been thnking and thinking for ages about the op etc etc, and the one thing that is scaring me the most is MYSELF!!
i am soo worried that when i have lost all my weight i will no longer be myself (as in my personality totally changes) i have always been BIG and never a normal weight so its scaring me that i will totally change and get really big headed and be thinking look at me im all that! if ya know wot i mean!!

and i DONT want this its scarying me so much it putting doubts in my head i 110% want this op i just still want to me be if ya know wot i mean

sorry to go on everyone i just wanted some advise from people that have had the op and lost the weight etc

hope ya dont mind

love natalie xx

I haven't had my op yet am still waiting. I know in the past when I have lost lots of weight I have never been all cocky and look at me sort of person. Yes you do have more confidence but I find it is because I feel people aren't looking at me any more where as at the moment wherever I go I feel people are looking at me.

I am sure you will be fine either you are one of the cocky ones or not and I am sure you are not.

I've always been big & in 2003 lost 7 stone in 5 months for my wedding & even at a comfortable size 12/14 I still viewed myself as how I viewed myself at size 26!

I think we have an image of ourselves in our head & it doesn't really matter how we look on the outside we'll always be that way in our head? We'll just be able to wear a much bigger range of clothes & look better in them! x

Hi Natalie

I truly believe that because you had to chose this life threatening avenue to reach your goals you will stay grounded.

I mean how could u look down at someone else because they are big or ugly or whatever when u came from there yourself. It will make u a better person. A person who appreciates what it took for you to be slim and make you more understanding.

Thats how I feel anyway. I'm so happy to have this chance to be a healthy active person and want everyone to get the chance.

I dont think you'll change especially if your conscious of it. And you deserve your second chance as much as anyone.

Stay positive, you'll be the same lovely person u are now just slimmer...simples!

I know how you feel Pinklady, I have never been slim but am confident that I will stay basically the same inside (personality, not guts obviously lol) and I am sure that you will be fine too.
One friend actually said to me "you wont be YOU any more", which annoyed me but I can sort of see her point because when you think of Steph you think of short and fat, but it will all come right in the end, for us both xx
Take care xx
Steph xx

The only thing that is different for me is that i have a new zest for life. Im still me regardless of the weight and size loss.
I remember a few months ago someone posting about how much attention and the looks she was getting for the opposite sex now she had lost weight. i remember reading it and thinking but you must be looking at them to realise, maybe its not them looking to begin with but looking because they feel they are being looked at.
you are incontrol of your own destiny you make of it what you want.

I feel like this but probably on a different kind of level. As a man I'm frightened of being not the "big man". It sounds strange but I've never had any trouble from anyone but maybe thats more my personality than my size.

I suppose time will tell. Im tryna keep all my muscle with protein shakes/bars hopefully I wont end up being all scrawny with no shape

Sometimes when were larger people we tend to try and merge into the background and not get noticed. If by losing weight you come out of your shell more at social events and take a more active part then i for one hope you change... However if you get 'all that' and think you're the 'mutts nuts' then i'm sure someone close to home will tell you. In the meantime when you start to notice the change enjoy looking at the new you in the mirror, when passing shop windows. We take a high risk and work hard to achieve results so why not appreciate looking at them?

I think, if I am really honest, my weight probably supresses who I really am. I am certainly not confident, Not happy go lucky, very self concious. So if these attributes disappear, I must say I will be glad to see the back of them.

Back