• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling down in the dumps

callysplace

Hiya everyone, sorry to be a whinger but just had to get stuff off my chest and have a good moan.
As a lot of you already know Im spending a lot of time with my Uncle who is very ill with cancer, unfortunatly this week I have been unable to care for him due to this horrid cold that I have, so lots of guilt there, On top of this I have yet another blooming period, that makes three this month already so I feel drained all the time. And lastly (please dont laugh I know it sounds pathetic) but my little angel of a pony, Tiny, who has taught my two girls to ride and countless others has come back from a try before you buy with serious issues and I have been advised to put him to sell him to the meat man! Its heartbreaking that this little chap who I have always trusted with my childrens safety has had a total mental breakdown. I feel so guilty for sending him to these people as I dont know what they have done to him to make him like this.

Really sorry for writing all this rubbish down and I know its only small fry compared to others people problems but I feel like a wrung out dish cloth.

Poor you chick, your hormones wont be helping the situation they must be all over the place....with regards to your pony can you get a second opinion on him? he has been good with you in the past you may be able to regain his trust and he might settle more. With regards to feeling guilty about your uncle, woman do guilt far too much, I know I do, but you cant help having a cold and I am sure you will make up for it when you can. So chick dont feel so down this will pass and you will feel much better soon....(((((hugs)))).....xx

As i have been told, don't apologise, that's what we're here for chook. Poor little pony, i love horses, and i hope you decide to keep him.
Im so sorry about your uncle hun, no need to feel guilty, you have to look after yourself too so that you're able to look after others.

I hope things get better for ya soon xx

sounds like you have been going through a hard time, dont feel guilty about having a cold, that is beyond your control, and i hope you feel better soon, i agree with linda as in trying to build the pony's trust back, its maybe worth a try.

best wishes

liz xxx

Hiya Caroline so sorry to hear about your pony! Dont feel guilty about having cold or about having a moan we all have bad times and it is better to get it off your chest.
Sending you loads of hugs n love and hope your soon feeling a lot better.:hug99::hug99:xx

Hi Cally

Im sorry to hear of your bad times at the moment. I hope everything works out for you. Moan anytime!

Lots of love
Ginaxxxx

Thanks girls for you lovely replies, :wave_cry: they mean so much to me x

I know it sounds daft to get upset about a pony what with my uncle been ill (priorities right!) but its like my mum turning around and slapping me in the face, something I thought would never happen!
When my youngest rode him today he started to buck and thats when I got kicked, we were both flabbergasted and really upset.
I know I can find him a nice home some where as a leadrein pony but it seems like such a terrible waste after all he has done.
Going to give him a few weeks off and then start with some gentle excerise, maybe if I whisper in his ear that I will get on board, he will see the error of his ways :eek:

You are a wonderful person caring for you Uncle. its not easy caring for someone who is dying, Ive been there Hun. Good idea about the pony, let him have a few weeks to chill and take it from there.xxxx

You are a wonderful person caring for you Uncle. its not easy caring for someone who is dying, Ive been there Hun. Good idea about the pony, let him have a few weeks to chill and take it from there.xxxx

Thanks Gina, Im wondering if all this upset over the pony is my way of letting the grief out, have posted on pets corner to see if any of the other nag owning minis can give me a bit of advice. Thanks again pet, and by the way you look beautiful with your new hair cut x

You must always remember your achievements when ur down, seems to help me. Life throws some rubbish every now and then but it's striving for the better times that makes us strong.
Im sorry your feeling low, the people that had ur pony obviously had a clash with him, he will be happy with you or someone different Im sure. Always here if you need a chat.
Smile!
Sxxxxxxx

Hi Hun.....

So sorry about your pony........ hey contact perissa on here, she has got horses and that and is great with them, she may be able to help you!!!!!!!!!!!!! she is really good trust me...

As for guilt you have nothign to be guilty for.... and you are taking your uncles health into consideration hun.... your cold will only make it worse for him!!!!!! you need to get your health up..... sending you a huge big hug!!!!!!!!

You are a lovely caring person, I agree I think you are letting your grief and stress out, that is a good thing, we are all her for you tooxxxxx you know where i amxxxxx

Thank you Mandy and thank you Sassy for you lovely messages. Feeling a bit better today on myself, wonderful what a good nights sleep can do! Im taking tiny out for a walk today with just me (will give the dog walkers a shock!) Im sure that someone out there will love him as much as we have done, just need to let go of this feeling of wanting to strangle the last people to have him :D Will let you know how he behaves!

you have done so well hun never forget that and caring for your uncle is the most kind thing that anyone can do you are such a brave person.

And as for your pony im sure there is somone out there that will take him on is there anyway you can find out what happend with the last people to have him.

Hiya
I can't really offer you any advice, but i just wanted to remind you of how much you rock looking after your uncle.
It sounds like you are going through quite a rough patch at the moment, i hope things start to get better for you soon.
:hug99: Sending you lots of hugs :hug99::hug99:
Xxx Lizzie xxX

sorry about all your worries, hoping you can see them through. you have nothing to feel guilty about. life isnt always easy is it? keep your chin up. Bridie x

Hi how did Tiny get on? I for one am routing for him and I will go get the horrible people that caused him stress...I cannot abide animal cruelty in any shape or form...hope your feeling better to chick....xx

Hiya Cally
How are things going with you today?? :hug99:
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hi Caroline, sorry I've only just seen your post. I'd be very happy to talk to you if you wish. As Mandy said I am very horsey. I have 4 of my own, compete at international level as well as judge. Also sat on the committee for the British Horse Society for 10 years. I'm a geek about all things veterinary.

Id I can be of any help at all just let me know and I'll PM you my phone number.

V x

Hiya all, well feeling a bit more human today the colds nearly gone so thats one less thing to bother me! My Uncle is doing well all things considered, my mum went and sat with him today and sent my love, but Im hoping to get to be with him later on this week!
Tiny followed me around the field today like a lost puppy while i moved his "doings" giving me nudges, was horrible for the first ten mins as I was kinda expecting another kicking episode, but he just wanted lots of attention! We didnt manage to get out for a walk as the weather was horrid but Im set for tomorrow afternoon. Going to tack him up and take him for a walk out without anyone on his back. And Im hopefully going to have a talk to perissia about him and see if she has any suggestions!

Will put an update on tiny tomorrow!
Once again thanks everyone xx

Back