• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling really sick :(

hayley1983

Any advice from post bypassers would be great.

Every morning for the last week, I've woken up, and felt really sick. Not the feeling that I am going to be sick, but just an uneasy feeling in my tummy.

It usually calms down after I've had my "breakfast" (at the moment I'm on pureed, so my breakfast consists of weetabix watered down to the max with milk). But I hope this feeling isn't going to stay with me forever in the morning because it's getting me down now.

Other than this problem, I've had a trouble free journey so far :)

Thanks everyone!

xxx

Im a post bypasser and have never experienced this- could be lack of food or fluid but why dont you check with your surgical team. No question is a silly one.

If I didn't make sure I drank enough water the day before, I did suffer from morning sickness in the early days. It lasted for a week or two for me.

Make sure it's not dehydration and you are getting plenty of fluids. If it continues mention it to your GP honey

Is it not just a bad taste in your mouth that makes you feel sick?

I find that my mouth was really yucky in the morning so I have water next to the bed so as soon as I wake up I take a drink and that gets rid of the post bypass horrible taste in your mouth :D

Thanks guys.

I think it is not drinking enough fluids. Since starting on pureed foods, I have been struggling to drink the required amount of fluid.

I'm going to drink a fair bit today, because it's my first day back at work tomorow, and I want to be 100%.

I will give my provider a call today, but I just wanted to ask the question from people that may have had this problem first hand. :)

xxx

Here is a warning for you - I didnt drink enough fluids in the first few weeks and developed this vile sweet taste that tainted everything I ate or drank. Hospital ran blood tests and I was severely dehydrated and almost ended up back there on a drip for 48 hours. It was even affecting my kydney function. Luckily I drank like a fish for 3 days and reversed it. The moral of this story is drink drink drink!

Here is a warning for you - I didnt drink enough fluids in the first few weeks and developed this vile sweet taste that tainted everything I ate or drank. Hospital ran blood tests and I was severely dehydrated and almost ended up back there on a drip for 48 hours. It was even affecting my kydney function. Luckily I drank like a fish for 3 days and reversed it. The moral of this story is drink drink drink!

Jeez! When I'm at work I drink like a fish, but I just seem to be struggling at home :confused:
So it's kinda good I'm back to work tomoro to get back on track. It seems whenever I have a break from work, I'm totally unorganised and end up stepping out of a routine.

xxx

hi hayley i hope you get sorted soon and good luck with work tommorrow with the new hair colour and the weightloss they will wonder who you are;);) xxheather

hi hayley i hope you get sorted soon and good luck with work tommorrow with the new hair colour and the weightloss they will wonder who you are;);) xxheather

Thanks Heather, Well there's a story to my hair, couldn't handle being a brunette, so I've sort of gone back blonde again :eek:. My hair is worth a bloody fortune!!!

xxx

maybe a silly question and dont think im being rude at all, but your not pregnant are you ?

If not i would probably think its because you have an empty stomach , i feel like that if i have an empty stomach yes and drink drink drink

Hope you get some answers soon , take care xxxx

Hi Helen,

I did think that, but I honestly think it's down to my fluids, as it seems to disapear when I have my brekkie.

xxx

Hmmm ...you are not taking your tablets 1st thing on an empty tummy are you?

I'm not taking any tablets whatsoever at the moment, as per advise from my provider. I'm not taking anything until I am back on "normal wholesome foods".

Thanks for your reply.

xxx

Hayley, I had a bypass a week today and i'm on tablets to prevent the build up of gallstones twice daily, do u still have ut gallbladder? I don't have any problem with my mouth in the morning other than the taste which is foul, i find myself cleaning my teeth 4 times a day!! maybe thats whats making you feel sick cos thats how i feel when i have to get rid of that taste!!

If it continues I would definitely contact your provider for advice, good luck xxx

Hayley I am having a similair problem although I'm feeling sick most of the day now and very little is staying down. I'd have a word with whoever did your op and just get it checked for your own peace of mind if nothing else.

xx

Yes, I had my gall bladder removed @ 21. The sick feeling is defo in the pit of my tummy, it's nothing to do with the taste in my mouth :)

xxx

Hayley sorry to hear you are not feeling too hot in the mornings........not pregnant are you??lol
Seriously though like Bonita says get some advice if it continues dont suffer, hope you feel better soon

Jay xx

Back