• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hoola Hooping ROCKS!

Ruthiep

I have a trainer, Gail, who leaves her hoola hoop in my house between sessions. Till recently it's been kind of neglected, sitting there behind my armchair in the living room. But now I'm hooked! My youngest daughter who lives next door to me with her husband and four kids (yes, aren't I lucky!) has taken to coming in every morning with the baby (23 month old Tamara) when the others have gone to school, to do a hoola hooping session with me; competing as to how long we can keep the darned thing going! Trouble is, by the time she comes in, I've had breakfast and have discovered it's a Bad Idea to do hoola hooping after meals. You end up feeling seriously sick. So now I'm well and truly hooked, I go down and do about 20 minutes of it before I eat anything. It's a superb way of toning the mid section, which has always been my problematic area; I was a true apple shape before I lost weight. Now I have a waistline it's much easier to keep the hoop up! I'm hoping for washboard abs by the time I'm finished!

I am impressed. I went to hula fit a couple of times a few years ago and could not keep the bloomin thing up. It would have been great fun if I could have. If you haven't seen/done a session it's worth looking at. People who can do it do exercises whilst spinning.
well done Ruthie.

It's definitely a knack, and you get it eventually. Sometimes it doesn't work for me for the first few tries either. Maybe I'll get someone to video me doing it sometime and put it up on youtube :) But be warned, I don't wear a tight outfit that bares my midriff, it's modest clothing all the way :)

Back