• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling rough today.

debbieb

got home yesterday, feeling great, not so good today, im struggling to drink the required amounts, had to go to bed this afternoon, i just felt so sick.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Hiya Debbie, just try and drink as much as you can not to get yourself dehytrated... its only early days but i will get better hun... you have goe though a major oeration and your body needs to adjust... i felt the same as you when i came home... rest up, drink your fluids... but also every now and then just have a little walk round he house... it will get better xxx

totally agree with Rayne, it's early days but hopefully you will pick up loads more after a couple of days at home. If you can manage a gentle walk it really helps to 'distribute' the wind pains :eek:.
I can't stress enough though how important it is to try and get your fluids in...I'm barely 3 weeks post op and I've suffered dreadfully with constipation even with taking lactulose and I know it's down to not drinking enough. I find warm drinks easier to tollerate...have a go with some warm nas juice, and plenty of rest :) Hope you feel better soon x

Oh Debbie poor you! I'm so desperate to get my surgery but then suddenly worry about how I'm going to feel in those first few days. I can completely understand why you're feeling emotional.

From what I can gather you need plenty fluids, lots of relaxation and a little gentle exercise and you should start to feel better soon. Let us know how you're getting on and I hope you feel better soon x

It is difficult to get the fluids in but just stick with it. I kept a pint glass of nas orange next to me all day and just kept sipping at it, even though it was only tiny little sips (gulping as per habit made me feel sick) it still goes down eventually. You'll feel much better once the gas has dispersed from your body too!

Hope you feel better soon.

H xx

hope you start feeling better soon. congrats on the start of an amazing journey xx

it will get better i could only drink for the 1st few days. well sip so i just tried to sleep as much as i could then after a few days i was fine.

When was your op? Your details don't say. But it sounds like it was very recent. And believe me we've all been there; the feeling awful, the wishing we'd never done it...but things DO get better, really they do!! I agree about the drinking; if you get dehydrated nothing will work well.

It's normal to feel a bit emotional so soon after surgery, your body has been through a major trauma, you have been stabbed in the tummy multiple times as well as everything else that's been done. You will also obviously feel tired, anaesthetic still in your system, major surgery, lack of calories and still having to lug the same amount of weight around! It does get better I promise you, from week 4 I felt great. Also warm drinks do seem easier to drink, I was drinking bovril for the first couple of weeks, Just don't be in a hurry to do anything. Better not to take to your bed for long periods either though, you don't want to get a blood clot. You will feel a bit better in a couple of days xx

When was your op? Your details don't say. But it sounds like it was very recent. And believe me we've all been there; the feeling awful, the wishing we'd never done it...but things DO get better, really they do!! I agree about the drinking; if you get dehydrated nothing will work well.
thanks, my op was the 29th december, every thing went fine, like i said just struggling with the volume that we have to drink. x

debbieb said:
thanks, my op was the 29th december, every thing went fine, like i said just struggling with the volume that we have to drink. x

Debbie
Im 15 months post op,and I still struggle with fluids
I take a sports bottle to bed with me,j must drink it half asleep as it's empty by morning..works for me x

I struggle to keep my fluids up especially when back at work lots to drink & teaching/supporting lessons don't really mix easily if I'm lucky I have a cuppa at home us some juice with liquid glucosamine, another cuppa when I get to work, another at 11am, another when I get in from work & a glass of milk at night so in all about a 1250ml, as for the test it's rare I manage much more than I've had perhaps another 250ml. New years resolution I must try harder.

i only get in about 1200ml plus a milky drink, be told that is ok... but as said before it is early days and the drinkig wil get easier... i just been to my friends and in the time i was there... about hour and a bit i had two cups of tea... thats 400 ml lol.. so visit your friends and get them tut the kettle on!! but not literally as they will look silly!!

Try not to worry. I hope you are feeling a bit better by now. You won't be able to drink the 'required' amount of fluids that is recommended, hardly any of us can in the first few days. Just sip constantly, if you sip all the time then that is the max you can drink. Dont worry for this week and then up your intake next week. The drinking is just to keep you hydrated and flush your new tummy and is nothing to do with losing weight at the moment. Just sip, sip, sip, you will be fine. Try to do little arm lifting stretches, only baby ones, as this will disperse the wind (not tummy wind but body wind) you will know what I mean. Keep moving around but dont 'do'a anything. You will be fine. Awww Bless, it's horrible at first but it DOES get better.
Lynne xx

hope you're feeling better today Debbie :) xxx

Congrats on havin ur op Hun hope uve started to feel better xx

Back