• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Been for my Pre-Op

Priesty

Hi,

Sorry ive been amongst the missing again had a really hectic week and when I got on here there was somthing like 3000 odd missed posts :eek:. I just don't have enough time too catch up so if you think ive missed anything important please let me know.

Anyway I went to St Richards on Friday for my pre-op we got there at 11.45 and left at 3p.m. :eek:

Everything seemed to be fine my blood pressure was a very respectable 110/70 and I had all the talks from nurses and dietician. I have no choice but to do the milk diet which i shall start this coming Friday:wave_cry:. So as long as my bloods and mrsa swabs are fine I shall be in on the 12th of March and then claiming my spot on the losers bench.

After all the waiting and worrying and :wave_cry:umpteen other emotions swimming around in my head I can't believe it's just a round the corner and I am really excited!!!:D:gimi:

Call me a sadist but I can't wait too get through the op and then start my new life!!

My day at St Dick's was eventful I met two lovely women 1 was going in day before me one after. Michelle I had to hold her hand while she had her blood tests cause she was petrified. The Phlebotomist was most per plexed because she had tattoos and a lot of piercings which she said didn't bother her at all only blood tests. I said my fear was spiders even money ones creep me out and send me hiding.

Anyway we had a good laugh and it was nice to meet people you would be in the ward with. My friend had gone with me and i drove there and she drove back in my car. We decided to put shortest route on the sat nav travelling from Sussex to kent!! DONT DO IT!!!! WARNING unless you have a 4x4 and an experienced rally driver at the wheel :eek::character00182::innocent0001: I really thought i was going to die, especially when my friend said she had forgotten her glasses. Then down these really tight country lanes you had suicidal bunnies and pheasants flinging themselves at the car:eek:. I was a nervous wreck by the time we got home and decided that as I shall be tee total from next weekend I should have a few Jack Daniels and cokes too calm my nerves (that and as a very infrequent drinker who keeps being bought alcohol as a present I really should drink some this week too get rid of it)

Anyway I hope you are all ok, Take Care

Paula XX;)

Congrats on your op date!

Sounds like you had a bit of an adventure :bliss:
You've not got long to wait now.
Good luck

I've had the same problem with satnavs! lol Congratulations on your date! xx

Wishing you all the best for your op, looking forward to hearing all about it xx

I am really pleased for you! I was the same i was soooooo excited think it because we just cant wait for it to be over and start losing the weight!

Great news for the date, sorry about the sat nav... You can avoid motorways/and toll roads but not country lanes that are so narrow you'd be better off on a scooter lol..

I enjoyed reading your post about sucidal bunnies lol

Not long for you now. Hope everything goes well

Hi,

Thanks all, I wasn't joking about the bunnies either they're mad as hatters.

Mind you the pheasants are just as bad. I am looking forward to it and yes I think it's because I want to start losing the weight.

Right 24's on now so Im off. Got to see what Jack's upto my hubby said he's gonna ban me from watching it when i have my op case I do myself an injury!!:D

Take Care

Paula XX

wow that is quick. I am off to St. Ricahrds this Friday so perhaps I will get a date in March too? Fingers crossed that mine will go as well as yours.

Michelle I had to hold her hand while she had her blood tests cause she was petrified. The Phlebotomist was most per plexed because she had tattoos and a lot of piercings which she said didn't bother her at all only blood tests. I said my fear was spiders even money ones creep me out and send me hiding.

Never said i was normal hahaha :p
the blood test i had last year was the first injection/needle/evil stabby thing i'd had since i was 15! I started getting piercings and tatts at 18 and as hoping they would have got rid of my needle fear...no uch luck....as you found out hahaha

god know what kinda state i will be in on op day :D
oh well i have warned them all in advance hehe

Hi,

It was no problem to help out. It's just I can still see the perplexed expression on the guy's face, it does make me laugh.

Im sure you will be fine on op day and I think they are a great bunch in there and will look after you.

I'm trying not to think about the actual op too much and just the shopping I can do after as my weight go's down. Hubbys threatening to chop up all my cards as I type!!:D:eek:

Anyway Take Care

PaulaXX

not long now good luck and a healthy life xxxxxx

I'm trying not to think about the actual op too much and just the shopping I can do after as my weight go's down. Hubbys threatening to chop up all my cards as I type!!:D:eek:

haha
I still have a load of brand new skirts at home i bought at camden market many many years ago that were actually too small when i got them home (the companies free size varied A LOT) so am looking forward to finally being able to wear them :D
i just need to worry about tops and shirts etc
oh well, have my birthday at the end of may, maybe people will be generious to my clothing fund at that point hehe

Back