• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Some advice please- disheartened

I am shocked to read of such a callous uncaring surgeon. To be honest if it were me, I wouldn't want to put myself in his hands. I know you are NHS and don't have much choice but this would be a major turnoff for me.

I also went to Mr. Sufi, like Sharonimo, but privately, and I went armed with all my research. My BMI wasn't too high to begin with (37.8) but I knew I wanted the sleeve and no other procedure. If he had tried to talk me into anything else I'd have walked out and chosen another surgeon, but I guess you don't have that option.

Listen to tealovingsleever; she managed to stand up to some considerable pressure to have a different op. Heck it's your body and your decision!

I wish I had the money to go private. :( then there wouldn't be all this extra pressure. I have had a think and I can see why the surgeon would be recommended a bypass as oppose to sleeve. He is the expert. And he said there was limited studies as oppose to bypass. And why not go for the gold standard. But it's just the whole Idea of intestines being tampered with and it's so extensive compared to the sleeve that puts me off. I have thought about it. I guess I will have to see what happens when I see consultant. Maybe I will change my mind. But don't know if it's what I really want. I just feel confused now. Should I go for
What he says or stick to my guns? It's like a gut instinct thing that tells me to go for sleeve rather than bypass. I just really don't know anymore. ??

Ruthiep do u have links to any more research for the gastric sleeve? I think I will go with research as well. Just so he knows that I have looked into this throughly and I'm not just being all wishy washy about it. It's just difficult to make ppl take u seriously sometimes :/

Ruthiep do u have links to any more research for the gastric sleeve? I think I will go with research as well.

Elmo,

I am still having major internet access problems and am using last 5 minutes in an internet cafe to post here. (I need to get new broadband package sorted in my new flat but seem to be jinxed at every turn. Tried to set myself up and subscribe to BT openzone/wifi yesterday but my bank decided it was a fraudulent transaction and not me making it -- another 48 hours without internet access on my own home laptop where I have all my *links* saved !!!).

I can share all the research I have (good and bad) if you send me an email:

[email protected]

That will be encrypted and you have to enter a code or something to get it to show. Hope that works.

Best wishes,
Sharon

Back