• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling the cold

izzywizz

Is it normal?

I am 7 weeks post op and seem to feel cold most of the time. On a normal day I have to wear at least 2 pairs of socks even in the house. When I go out I have to have at least 3 layers under my padded coat, scarf, hat and gloves.

Pre op I only wore a coat on the coldest days and would happily walk round in my bare feet.

Please can anyone help.

i can't help you but yes, feel the cold so much more post op - seem to remember others saying they feel the cold more post op too

It's a very common thing honey, I am freezing all the time, especially my hands.

Just make sure you wear plenty of layers, invest in some thermals & crank the heating up!

xxx

Yep, I'm always cold post op too. prior to surgery I wore a thin coat, never a cardie and hated jumpers, now I've bee going out with several long sleeved layers under my coat and still cold.

I dont own any socks, think Im gonna get some at the weekend.

I'm always cold now. Before my op I never even owned a coat because I never felt the cold. Now I wear a coat, scarf and gloves and even socks which I had'nt worn since school. My hubby laughs at how long it takes me to get ready to go to the shops as before I'd just jump in the car. His saying is I "should change my butcher" and my reply is "no way the last one gave me all the fat" lol xx

I have to admit I have the same problem. Even in the winter I tended to wear t-shirts and only a kagool as outer wear. Now I am in a cardi and a nice warm coat. As I'm still in my TED tights I haven't worn socks but think that will change on Monday.

Rebirthxx

I was the same post op, used to get really cold, especially when my office switched the air con on cos they were all boiling.
I seem to be ok at the moment even though winter is approaching, but am just waiting to see how it goes as it gets colder lol

Thanks Izzywiz for asking the question. I'm flippin freezing all the time too, and like the other replies, I didn't feel the cold pre-op. However, now I know it is fairly common I'll just keep putting on the layers and rest assured It's normal.

Another one who didn't own any jumpers or cardigans and is always freezing! Have bought 3 now, and some thick sheepskin slippers- I used to wear flip flops all year!!!!

Im sorry to say it only gets worse! Im 18 months out and this has been by far the coldest I have ever been in my life! Too too too too too cold! :)

Yes, pretty standard it seems for any post-oppers...I always used to be boiling, sweat rather unattractively & turn a lovely shade of red whenever the temp was above about 10C, but now I am bl**dy freezing all the time...constant scarf around my neck, 4 pairs of socks (can't wear any more as I can't get my feet in my boots!!!), I wear about 3 or 4 layers all the time now! It's ludicrous as I never really thought I would be as bad as this, but a small price to pay as far as I'm concerned!

I actually like it sometimes, I never used to feel cold but I like getting snuggly in my nighty and dressing gown with socks and slippers :D No wonder my hubby works shifts lol XX

I actually like it sometimes, I never used to feel cold but I like getting snuggly in my nighty and dressing gown with socks and slippers :D No wonder my hubby works shifts lol XX

pmsl...I'll bet you've never looked more alluring DC xxx

Yep freezing...had the fire on today and had to keep stopping in front of it to warm different parts that were going blue :D

Back